Writing Prompt 107

I was driving in my car, on the way home from dropping my friend off.

     It was dark out and ice lined the edges of the road. My headlights glinted off of it, and the trees cast shadows over the asphalt.

     Something moved. I whipped my head back to see what I had thought was a person. It was a tree. I kept driving, casting occasional glances over my shoulder. That was creepy.

     I tugged my seatbelt, so it wasn't caught at my throats anymore. Black light slithered over the road in front of me. I blinked fast. What was that? Must've just been my headlights leaving shadows.

     I shook it off, it would be nothing.

     But when my headlights hit a mass of writhing blackness, I knew it was something.

     What I saw next had me slamming in my brakes. I came to a bone-jarring halt, slamming my knee against the dash.

      I gasped a shaky breath, watching the man walk towards me. The blood in my veins screamed "run!" But I stayed there, hands on the steering wheel, foot on the brake.

     Two words: Bad Idea. He was dressed in a long black trench coat and I could see the icy blue of his eyes. I shivered. What was going on?

     I realized he was knocking on my window. I rolled it down a tiny bit, it was manual. His breath ghosted my window. I shivered again.

     He voice was deep, "What are you doing here?" He growled.

     It took me a second to reply. "Uhh, I just, umm. Well I'm on my way home, why?"

     His laughs chills my soul. "Dark Magic." He laughs and yanks my door open. Crap, why didn't I lock it? Then he leans over me and unlocks the seatbelt. I'm too shocked to move. When I finally do, it's too late. He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I smack him.

     "What are you doing?!" I scream. He whisks his fingers and my car disappears.

     "I need a magic assistant. And magic assistants are usually pretty, young girls, so I chose you." He squeezes my leg where he is holding on to me.

     I shriek in outrage. "Let me go!" He doesn't listen, of course, and keeps walking towards the Writing black thing. He steps through it, to my chagrin, and I scream.

     It feels like liquid flowing over my whole body. It feels soothing and nasty at the same time. I squirm on his shoulder, trying to get off. He holds tighter.

     Then boom, we're in the city, with people all around us. Did we just go through a portal. He slides me off his shoulder and I slide down him, my shirt getting caught on his belt loop. Then he whispers something under his breath and my hand is in his and I literally can't do anything but obey him. What the fridge nuggets?

     I literally can't do anything except follow him, I'm incapable.

It's like he cast a spell on me.

Take it from here :)

I have a billion years of homework that I only just started, so I gtg, thanks!

Payton Janae :).