Writing Prompt 95

You know you're done when you start crying because you can't find your water bottle. And you're twenty four. And then after crying for like five minutes you realize it's been in your hand the whole time. Or maybe you're not just done, but that time of the month has come. And you're just so done.

Only problem is, you need groceries. So you woefully drag a winter jacket over yourself and stomp your feet in your snow boots. You put on waterproof mascara, knowing you'll probably need it, and you sweep your hair into a messy bun. You know you're fab.

But hey, when your eyes water it brings out the green in them, so that's the only bonus. Your eyes well up just thinking about it. You head out the door and make a run for your car, regretting it almost instantly as the red flood makes itself known. You slow to a waddle. You unlock your car as snowflakes nestle in your hair and flick over your eyelashes. Chilly.

You angrily open the door and sit gingerly inside. Then you start the car and angrily drive all the way to Safeway. Which is actually only ten minutes away. Somehow the radio turns on and it plays sad music. Instantly you're sad again. You pull into the parking lot and park. You get out and check the seat, making sure there're no new stains. Then you check your rear end in the mirror making sure there are also no new stains there. You're clear and so is the seat.

You make your way into the store, hesitating when the automatic door is slow to open. Then you walk through. You don't have time for slow doors.
You're on a mission to get some chocolate. And some bread. And some salad and Caesar dressing. And croutons. And Parmesan cheese. And chocolate milk. And. . . The list goes on.

     But you look at how much cash you have in your wallet and decide to just buy two things instead. Chocolate and some supplies for el sangre (look it up). You grab the stuff and fish for a quarter in your wallet. Without looking where your going you run into somebody. Or rather they accidentally shoulder you while you walk in no direction. You drop your stuff and they turn back to you. You start to cry.

Tears dribble down your chin and they clear their throat. You turn to them. Whoa, it's a hot dude. He smiles apologetically. "I'm sorry babe, are you okay?" His voice is sexy too. You find yourself gaping at him as tears stream down your face. You clamp your mouth shut and hurriedly wipe them away. He looks down at the items you dropped. His eyes light in understanding. "Oh, I see." You blush and nod. Like a thirteen year old. Man up woman! You're twenty four years old! "Well I have a remedy for that, don't you know?" He winks and grabs a bouquet of flowers from a stand that oh-so-conveniently was behind him. He gets on his knee and whips out a ring. He asks you to marry him. And You look your boyfriend of three years in the eye and say yes.

You start to cry again, obviously.

But honestly, he's been yours for so long and he still takes your breath away. He still leaves you speechless every time you see him. And you love him all the more for it.

Take it from here!

Blah blah blah. It's way too early in the morning. It's too late at night, too. I should be sleeping. But I'll actually post this tomorrow probably. Oh wait, it's already tomorrow. So I guess today. What now. Tell me what you think, I thought it was mildly funny, yup peeps to y'all a Goodnight

Payton Janae :).