Writing Prompt 119

"Gah! No! Are you kidding me?" Grace slammed her car hood down, hissing as it nearly smashed her fingers. There was no smoke, which was good, but it didn't help her figure out what what was wrong. And then it clicked in her brain. She groaned and slid her hand down her face. "Nooooo. I left the stupid lights on." She groaned again and stepped over a puddle of mud, walking around it to the trunk. Inserting the key, she unlocked the trunk. The jumper cables were inside.

     Pulling them out, she looked around herself, remembering that parking in a deserted place so she could run and squat was not the best idea. She chided herself, grimacing as she realized she'd have to use a bottle next time. And she'd use the bathroom before she left, next time.

     Though, Grace realized, she had been driving for eight hours. Meh. She went over to her car and tried to think of things she could do. Her phone had device, but it was pretty weak. She quickly tapped letters into the search bar. Smiling with relief when she saw a tow place only fifteen minutes away. She called the number and smiled over their great customer service.

     They'd come as soon as possible. She settled for a quick nap. She hadn't slept since two am. After watching leaves rustle down from trees, she fell into a light sleep. All too soon later, she woke up with a startled gasp, looking at the man knocking on her window. He was wearing a uniform with a tow truck emblazoned on the front. He smiled as Grace quickly patted down her hair. She opened the door.

     "Looks like you took a good nap," he laughed, smiling at her.

     Put at ease, she smiled back, tugging her haphazard shirt so it wasn't crooked. "It was a pretty good nap, that's for sure. But anyways, I just need your battery."

     He blinked chocolate brown eyes at her, confused. She hastily corrected herself. "I mean my battery is dead and I just need you to show me how to hook the jumper cables up." She blushed.

     Take it from here!

Thanks for reading peeps :). It's raining again, and my hair is so frizzy. Oops. I hate school. I hate boys. I love coffee. Anyways, thanks!

Payton Janae :).