Writing Prompt 147

I didn't realize love at first sight was so bruising. So painful, and shocking, and abrupt, and soccer-ball shaped. Nope, I didn't realize it at all. At least not until I was walking my dog through the park.

      I was casually strolling along, listening to my music, when a soccer ball came whizzing out of nowhere. It full on smacked me on the side of the head, knocking my earbuds out of my ears, and jerking my dogs leash out my hand. For a second I teetered, off balance, before setting my feet braced against the ground. I could already feel the blush coming on. I quickly snatched my earbuds up from where they were brushing against the ground, and looked up to see a boy running toward me. As he got closer, the first words that popped out of my mouth were: "Geez, I knew love at first sight was a thing, but I didn't realize it would hurt so bad!" Whatever he had been about to say left him and he just kind of startled at me before awkwardly chuckling. Then he kept walking and grabbed my dog's leash off the ground, handing it to me.

     "I'm so sorry about that, are you alright?" He smiled a shy smile, offering the dog leash. I took it from him and turned to where the ball was laying a few feet away from us.

     "I'm assuming that's yours?"

     "Yeah," he rubbed the back of his head, "It is." I walked over and kicked it back to him, my dog bouncing around it.

     "Don't worry about it," I laughed, "You can make it up to me by giving me your Snapchat and name . . . ?" 

      He laughed again. "No problem, can I catch your name too?" He pulled up his snap code proffering it out to me. I smiled.

     "You can call me Jen." I scanned his name and added him as soon as it popped up. "Bryce? That's a cool name." I giggled and mentioned something about us having to hang out sometime. Then he added me back, agreed with me, and walked back to talk with his friends. I was pretty sure it was going to be a good summer. But right then I was on the verge of having a horrible headache. Anyway, on to have the best summer of my life.

Take it from here!

Thanks for reading :). How are y'all? You should watch Spiderman Homecoming, White Collar, and Riverdale. Tell me your celebrity crushes! Mine are: Nick Robinson, Cole Sprouse, Brandon Larracuente, and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting lol. Have a great day guys! Thanks again <3

Payton Janae :).