Writing Prompt 34

I walked up to the coffee stand, ready to order. After I ordered my sandwich and coffee, and rice crispy, I waited. I glanced at the car the drive behind me and hoped on my lucky stars that it would drive up to the other side of the stand. I had seen a cute boy driving it.

Looks like my lucky stars felt generous today.

I stood in the window, leaning slightly to the side, so that he couldn't really see me. It was too awkward. But the few peeks I saw of him worth it. He had bright blue eyes, and nice brown hair. He was cute.

We made eye contact a few times, and I was ashamed to say we didn't talk. Darn. But he drove away before I did, due to the sandwich, and I watched my hopes and dreams drain down the toilet. I chided myself, why didn't I talk to him? Gah. But just then the barista asked for my money and I held it out to her, feeling particularly generous I dropped a five in the tip jar. The I strode away, back to my car, which was parked next to the store my parents own. Nice.

But days later I was still thinking about that kid. He had impacted my week, at least.

Then, when summer ended and I went back to school, there was a new kid. And lo and behold it was the same dude. He was still as hot as ever. We both recognized each other. And I yelled: "Hey! I know you, you're the kid from the coffee place!" He smiled and said it back to me: "I know you, you're the girl from the coffee stand."

Since I was the only person he knew, we quickly became friends and I gave him a tour of the school, we had the same schedule except for one class.

We ate lunch together too, since I was the only one he knew. Well, good start to my school year!

What's gonna happen next? Take it from here :).

Please tell me if you write this story. Vote, comment, and share, thanks,

Payton Janae :).