Writing Prompt 45

"Our society is one that revels in pain. We love it. To cut, to commit, to break, to love. Pain is what fills our minds, we want someone to comfort is through the pain. We want to be part o the pain. If someone's house burns down, we want to be there. If someone's family member died, we want to gossip about it. We want people to pay attention to is when we cut. When we are being loved under the stars, we love the pain. Everything is about pain. There is no room in our society for happiness when we'd rather see someone fall down than rise up. This is us. This is our society. And we shouldn't be proud of it."

     Amelia is the article writer for the school newspaper. When her article gets more attention than she expected, she gets a little nervous. She's never been at the bottom of the hierarchy, but she's never been this close to the top. Suddenly her dream of dating Aric, the star football player, doesn't seem so far away.

     People start asking her questions, one day, Aric is one of those people. She is immediately swooned over by his green flecked brown eyes.

     He keeps asking her questions. Eventually one of those questions turns into "Will you go to homecoming with me?" After she goes with him, the questions continue. Maybe one of those questions will be one that binds them together.

Take it from here!

Thanks people! Vomment and share! Thanks for reading!

Payton Janae :).