Writing Prompt 116

Dear Dr. Hugh Williams PHD  (Changing the Way Society Thinks, Article)

     When you understand that nobody's there, nobody's there to care. That they all go their own way, that they'd rather choose themselves than you.

     When you talk too much, and you're much too loud, and nobody wants to listen.

     And you know you act the same as them. You can't blame them for it because you do the same.

     Yeah, you listen better, but you wouldn't drop your whole life for them.

     Life is difficult. Why would you waste your time stressing about crappy friends?

     Let loose, live some, find new friends. Socialize. Do your homework early, go to bed early, snap chat people. Go to birthday parties. Sleep. Eat. Drink. Repeat.

     Live.

     Be happy with what you have because you have more than what others have. This whole depression thing? It'll last for a while, but it's going to go away. Everyone goes through a long phase of it sometime in their lives.

     Sometimes it starts when they're twelve and ends when they're fifteen. Sometimes it starts when they're fifteen and ends when their twenty two. When they're ninety and then they're one hundred and five. It'll happen sometime.

     Your kids are going to go through it someday. Your grandkids will too, but it goes away.

     You have to fight the urge to cut, the urge to commit, because you have to help other people get past this phase. Yeah, it is a phase, but this phase can go on for years.

     You have to be strong. Don't procrastinate. Eat enough food. Sleep enough. Have a little fun with friends when you need it.

     Remember that you aren't better than anybody else, that below everyone's facade, we're all the same.

     We all go through this time of life. We are all selfish. We'd all like to have the option to save ourselves first. You might. It want to admit it. But it's true. We're selfish.

     That needs to change. We need to get past this horrible phase. We need it to be diminished entirely till there is no trace.

     My research team and I believe we've found a cure. We'll be sending the results to you as soon as the weather permits.

     Sincerely,

     Sarah Timberley PHD.

Take it from here!

I don't know about this one. I'm tired. It's two am. I want to sleep. It's snowing again. We have a foot of snow. Last time it snowed in February where I live (this thick), was like twenty years ago (or more). I haven't even been alive for twenty years. Church and Sunday school are canceled tomorrow. I teach Sunday school.

My sister bought a blow up Baymaxx suit and we took videos at midnight in the snow outside. I went to a Sound of Music musical today. I also went to a birthday party after that. Then I had a lot of snap chats. Now I'm very tired. Good night.

Payton Janae :).