Writing Prompt 68

He was everything she ever wanted, and he was everything she could never have.

     He teased her in the classes that shared, laughed with her, talked with her. She thought, maybe, just maybe he liked her back. He acted like it.

     He was perfect, a perfect jawline, perfect eyes, perfect voice.

     They talked a lot, though never over social media. They jibed each other and jabbed each other and life was good.

     And then she'd see how he'd act around other girls. He'd act the same way. They'd jibe and jab each other and life was not good for her. She'd always see him in his phone. Snap chatting girls? He'd always post pictures with girls, anyways. Never with her, though. Not that there would be any reason to.

     She'd sit there, uncomfortable, as he talked to his guy friends about the girls he had asked on dates. Not so much jealous as really really uncomfortable. How was she supposed to act?

     She'd smile a press on in the journey of life, banishing it from her mind.

     But every night he'd occupy her thoughts, leaving her restless without sleep. He stole her time and focus.

     She'd stroll through the hallway, every laugh a stab in her heart. She'd see him talking to girls, hugging them, taking pictures with them. She wasn't good enough. It hurt.

     And she pushed through every lump in her throat, every tear in her eye, just to make it through the day.

     But when he asked a girl to be his girlfriend in front of her, when he purposely caught her eye, she snapped. She pretended to focus on the things around her, but it was too late.

     As soon as the opportunity presented itself, she left. She got in her car and sat there in disbelief. As shadows danced in front of her headl gets she slammed her fist to the steering wheel. Luckily her car was old enough that it didn't have a horn. As she started up her car and pulled away from the curb she began to swear. Curses and cusses filled her mouth and dropped of the tip of her tongue. She scream "f you!" at the top o her lungs. She turned the radio up loud and screamed at him.

     She drive recklessly, taking sharp turns, driving over the speed limit, and making abrupt stops.

     Maybe she wanted to die.

     She drive for a half hour, though the drive home only took three minutes.

     She was sorely tempted to slam her door when she drive up to her house, but she didn't.

      Instead rain trickled down her face, darkness covered the town, and she headed to her bed.

     She'd sleep it off. She'd be fine. She'd wake up tomorrow and be okay.

     But the next day wasn't okay. Every time he glanced in her direction her eyes dropped to her feet. A pale blush adorned her cheeks and dulled her day each time.

     She felt weak and small, her confidence dissolved. They did not speak that day, and rarely did again.

     But to think she realized, there were many more than she. In his eyes she was nothing special, just another girl to speak.

     And she began to feel like she would never be special, just another girl to see.

     After that, every time she spoke to a guy she knew she never had a chance, because they didn't message her over social media, which left her feeling sad.

     She'd never feel wanted, due to one bad circumstance. So slight was the encounter, but so big was the effect. She'd feel unwanted forever, even by the ones she knew loved her, just because she'd made one bad judgment call.

     She'd assumed the feelings were mutual, yet she was proven wrong. Now she'd never chance again, such a foolhardy quest.

     No, no one would want her, she would be alone.

Take it from here! Or just get inspired by it I guess :P

Alright, chachos! Let's do this! Vote and comment and share and add to your reading lists please! I LOVE feedback, and I love votes ;). Thanks for reading! Until next time . . .

Payton Janae :).