Writing Prompt 73

It was two a.m. when the crickets began to chirp. Dew gathered on the window screens, dripping in slow motion. The flashlight just caught the shine of the water, making it burn bright blue.

     Skreet . . .

     Everything else was pitch black. A dim glow from the flashlight set upon the dirt of the ground four stories below. It was an apartment on the fifth floor. The emergency exit was three balconies away on the left. The brick building looked ominous in the night.

     She grabbed her cap, pulling it over her hair. A beanie with a Pom Pom. Her eyes were wide.

     Skreet . . .

     You could almost hear her heart skip a beat. Goosebumps covered her arms, matching the chill in the air. She stopped breathing, the fear feeling like ice in her veins.

     Skreet . . .

     The sound was like nails in a chalkboard. Or rather, her bedroom wall. A scream choked itself in her throat.

     Her roommate was gone for the night. She was alone.

     Skreet . . .

     Then she felt it. A hand on her shoulder. It triggered her voice. She turned around screaming at the top of her lungs, jumping into the air from fright. Adrenaline rushes through her veins leaving shakiness behind. Then she saw who it was. Her heart pounded even faster.

Take it from here!!!! I know. I'm so evil for leaving you on that cliffhanger that will never be finished 😂

Thank for reading! I started writing this chapter when I was in class, not a good idea. Anyways, it definitely turned out ver differently than I expected, but I like it lol. I'd love to hear your opinions in the comments,  and votes and shares! Thank you so much for 9k! Lovin it,

Payton Janae :).

P. S. our stats are at 9.43k views, 418 comments, 205 votes :). Very happy, thank you, loves 😘