Writing Prompt 55

Tears streak through the dust of my cheeks. They won't find me. I whisper to myself. Again and again, I whisper it to myself.

     They are chasing me. I had stumbled across their hideout, literally stumbled, and now they wanted me. Nobody could know where their HQ's were. Unfortunately I knew where it was. So now they were after me.

      I was atop the tallest building, hiding beside the edge. They wouldn't find me. They wouldn't.

     But I was wrong.

     They would find me.

     In the dark of night, next to the edge of oblivion, I heard footsteps. My hair snagged on a crack in the concrete I was leaning against and I stifled my cry. I shuffled. The deadly footsteps came closer. I could feel the evil radiating from them. It was the SuperVillain they had sent to find me.

    My situation began to feel even more hopeless. He was going to find me. I quickly yanked my hair from the crack and jumped from my spot. I wiped my tears away and caught a glance of the super. I misjudged my distance from the edge though, because as my eyes caught his my mouth opened in an 'o' of surprise. And I fell.

     Whipping, whirling, spiraling, swirling. I fell throug the air, the wind a music I was dancing to. The song of the dance of death. Instead of screaming I chuckled, in my last moments I had apparently gotten the skills to become a poet.

     But then everything lost its humor as the ground came closer.

"SMACK!" I thought I had met my certain doom but instead I was  in his arms.

     What I mean to say is the SuperVillain's arms. Scratch that, I had met my certain doom. Just a different way than I expected.

     But was surprised me more was the gentle way he was holding me.

    I wasn't expecting what happened next.

     "Are you alright?"

     My mind went devoid of any comeback I had ever said.

     I cowered into his chest. What is this? Cruel irony?

     Without flinching, he brushed my hair away, and held me up with a single arm. Then he hovered in the air, holding me out in front of him.  My medium length brown wavy hair swayed with the breeze. My eyes met his.

     "I asked, are you alright?"

     "Y-yeah, yeah."

       Then he smirked. "Good, because then it's going to be so much more fun to break you."

     But it was too late, because I had already fallen in love with his eyes. And his deep voice. I was already too far gone.

     Little did he know, he had already broken me, because when my mother had killed my father, I had told myself I would never fall in love.

     Boy was I wrong.

     Will he kill her? Will they fall in love? Will the story between her mother and father ever be revealed?

Take it from here!

     Thanks for reading! Tell me if you write this story so that I can read it! Vote and comment and share and add to reading lists and libraries and follow! Thanks again,

Payton Janae :).