Writing Prompt 121

Drowsy lids want to close forever. Sleepy people want to cease to exist.

     This world is filled with aches and hurts, but they never stop bombarding our hearts. Love is the cause for most pains, because it is so deeply flawed.

     Who can love better than God?

     Who can replicate His love?

     No one can, and that's why our hearts hurt so badly.

     Maybe other people try to love us, but they'll never love good enough.

     They can't love us unconditionally.

     Emotions drag us down. They grasp at our toes, gripping our ankles, pulling us into the inky, murky waters of depression.

     We drift slowly, getting closer to the end, when suddenly the light shows up.

     It floods over everything with brilliance. It covers the darkness.

     And sometimes we slide out of the light, but we have to know it's always there and it never fades. We just have to see it.

     It's like a life preserver on tips of crashing waves. It'll stay above the water, but if you grab onto it, it depends how you're holding onto it for it to keep floating.

Take it from here!

I'm feeling slightly poetic, sorry I haven't done a story for the last few times! Thanks for reading.

Payton Janae :).