Writing Prompt 146

The shadows haunted me as I walked amongst them, my breath grew sparser with every step. The farther away I got, the more certain I was that I was going to be caught.

     I was afraid to be caught by the shadows. If they saw me, I'd be dead. The compass I held in my pocket was the key to their downfall. And they ruled the world. Red eyes flickered toward me, my ears heating up with the adrenaline. They glanced at me, flickered past me, and settled on the pasty grey skins of other shadows.

     I nearly sighed with relief before realizing it would draw attention to myself and I hurried my footsteps inconspicuously. I evened my intake of breaths and walked with ease, falling into a pattern of falsity. False confidence false ease false breaths false reality. My surroundings faded away a into a blur of gray and blacks, the sounds became halted and slow, I could hear my pulse beating in my ears. A robotic sense of motivation moved my limbs.

     The compass was taking over. I had recovered it from the lair of the shadows. It wanted to be free. It was leading me to the freedom of the human slaves. Of which I was one. A human slave.

     The compass would be the downfall of the shadows and the uprising of the humans, all that needed to happen now was me getting it to the place it needed to go.

Sorry it's been so long. I'm so sick of life lol. Don't mind me. If you have problems talk to me about them. What're you guys doing this summer? Check out my reading lists for new great books! Thanks for reading lovelies,

Payton Janae :).