Writing Prompt 70

He knelt before me, smiling. "Ashton Grey Alexan, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" I squealed, pressing my hands to my mouth. He smiled. Taking my hand in his, and placing a ring pop on it. I giggled, overcome with giddiness. He stood up, kissing me on the cheek.

It was in those moments that I thought life could never get better. We would smile and laugh, kiss and hold hands, hug and say I love you. We were in love. You were perfect, and I was perfect. And we were perfect together. And I continued to believe that for a long time. But slowly, we grew apart.

I wore your sweatshirts. Your jerseys. Your jackets.

We looked ridiculous together. In a good way. But when we laughed, our eyes didn't hold such bright sparkles. When we smiled, our smiles didn't shine so bright.

I only wore your jerseys now.

We stopped going on dates. We stopped smiling. We didn't laugh anymore. Our eyes didn't twinkle at all.

We got bored. You weren't perfect, and I wasn't perfect. And we weren't perfect together.

We drifted away.

One day, I stopped you in the hall. We talked. We ended it. With a hug and smile we walked away. We had both known the spark was gone.

But as I stand here now, I see you smile with another girl. Little spikes of jealousy prick me. But I can't be selfish.

Now you're married and I'm still here. I have nobody. So I wish for you a good life, but mine is over now.

What a great time we had, but now that was over. I was over, too.

Thanks for reading :). Comment vote and share! Thanks again,

Payton Janae :).

Ps join my book club! I just created one. I've seen all these book clubs, and I've seen all of these gains in reads. I figured I might as well start somewhere, and so should you! We will promote books and read each other's books, and encourage each other :).