Writing Prompts 26

Aleisha began to walk towards the glowing light. It was dark out, it was nighttime, and she was in Venice, which wasn't her home; but she still did it. She didn't know what made her do it, even as she was in such unfamiliar surroundings, but she felt a pull. It was as though she were a child again, reaching for her bottle. Or it was like her toddler years, spent stealing cookies when her mother wasn't watching.

The pull faltered for a second, as Aleisha paused to reminiscence over her late mother. But the pull came back with double the force this time. She wasn't even aware of it, really. She just knew she wanted to figure out what it was. Why? She did not know.

As she came closer she realized that it was not a light at all. It was glowing.

It was a gem. And a rare one, by the looks of it. Aleisha would know, her deceased grandparents had owned a rare stone and gem cutting and carving company. She walked up to it. She peered at it, leaning closely to see it better.

She felt a little zap and straightened back up. She rubbed her forehead thoughtfully as she felt the throes of a headache coming on. Then she picked the gem up with both of her hands. She had a second to glimpse around her, realizing she was not in the place she had been before, when an even larger zap shocked her into slumber.

     When she awoke, the sounds of swords clashing captured her attention. She looked into the glaring light and saw that she was definitely not where she had just been. Yet she could tell by the geography of the land, that she was still in the same place. It was just. . . Less populated, and less. . . Modern. It looked liked she stepped through time into the past. What seemed to only confirm her suspicions was when she looked to the left. Men in very old fashioned clothing were in a fight. Aleisha couldn't help but gasp. Which was not a good thing, because then, the men sparring turned to her. They both dropped their weapons from shock when they saw her bare legs.

     She began to back up, and the Greek god looking man trailed after her. Seeing his chance to escape, the second man took a leering look at Aleisha's long legs, and then fled.

     Aleisha's heart jumped in her chest and she turned, to run, but he grabbed her first.

    "Who are you? And what are you? A nymph? A nomad? Your beauty is astounding." His chocolate brown eyes stare into Aleisha's own and she internally swoons. Then she opens her mouth, ready to figure out what the heck is happening. But instead she faints into his chest. Oops.

     Take it from here :) Write on fellow authors!

     Thanks for reading! If you write this story tell me, I want to know so that I can read it :). Please comment, vote, share, and add to your reading lists! Thanks again,

Payton Janae :).