Writing Prompt 63

I shiver, hunching into my threadbare sweater. The shadows surround me with the hope of hiding me. It's the only hope I have. Any second he could come. He would take me away. Then I heard it. A dark chuckle. A whisper of breath fanned over my left ear. I screamed. My heart pumping, I stood up, ready to run. Then he appeared in front of me.

"Did you really think you could hide? I'll find you, I'll always find you." Tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

"No. You won't. You will leave me alone." He had made the mistake of looking into my eyes.

I had to much goodness for him to disobey me. And my eyes were the windows to my soul. Just eye contact and I'd be okay. He slowly backed away, before disappearing into a cloud of nothingness. I waited a few seconds, before the crawling feeling settled down. Then my knees buckled and my hear gave out. I slammed painfully to the ground. My arm cracked beneath my weight. But I was numb. I could not feel. I could not see. Had I just made a mistake? I began to sob till I couldn't breathe. And my own blood pooled around me. It filled the air with a metallic taste and prompted me to hysteria.

"NO!" I screamed, shouting to the rickety wooden ceiling above me, and whatever beings hid in the dark. "No!" I shouted to the starry sky which showed through the cracks in the walls. "no," I whispered to my own blood, which stained the ground.

And then there was darkness. A void of existential nothingness.

I awoke and light enveloped me. But all I felt was terror. I was dead. I stood on the hill between Heaven and Hell. I glanced to the left, the right. And then I saw him. Without thinking I ran down the hill, towards the entrance of the judgment hill. When I reached it, I jumped.

I wasn't prepared. As wind whistled past my ears, and I fell past all of eternity, I saw the clouds of earth's atmosphere reaching up to greet me. At least he hadn't caught me. Not yet, at least.

Take it from here!

This was made at the request of one of my readers!
Lol I'm not sure what the heck is going on in this prompt. I'm tired and stressed and so so so stressed. There is a constant hollow feeling in my stomach, a pinprick telling me I've done something wrong. Darn. I'm screwed. And all I did was ask a guy to a dance, but I'm not sure he actually wanted to go with me when he said yes 😫 Anyways, thanks for reading

Payton Janae :).

P. S. Look back at writing prompt 54, I actually ended up asking the third guy.