A Fragile Game.

I smile as I pick through a rack of shirts in Walmart,"Chester, how about matching shirts?"
Chester stands on the other side of the rack, rubbing his forearms, looking around distractedly,"Uh-huh. Sure."
I look at him,"You alright over there?"
"Yeah. I'm fine."
Instinctively, I pull my phone from my pocket, flip it open, and dial Mike's number.
The line rings, then Mike answers, "Yo."
"Mike, where are you at?"
"Bathroom. Why?"
"Chester is acting strange."
"How?"
"He keeps scratching at his arms and looking around like he's afraid someone will see him."
"Uhm. About that.. You see, Chaz has a problem, and I've been trying to get him help with it."
I sigh, not liking where this is going,"Great. Okay. Maybe you can talk some sense into him."
"I'll be there in a moment." Mike disconnects the call.
I sigh and flip my phone shut, returning it to my pocket, "Come on Mike... I don't like this at all..."
Mike walks over, followed by Joe and Brad,"Is he still doing it?"
I nod.

[Joe's point of view.]
I should have known Chester was back to his old habits. He's pulled this stunt once before, I thought as I hand the cashier the money for Eren's clothes and our drinks.
Phoenix nudges me in my side,"Hahn, I need to talk to you."
I look at him, "About what?"
"About Chester. I'm afraid that this withdrawal will kill him."
"I don't know ma- wait. Did you say withdrawal?"
"Yeah. He's trying to break the cycle."
Eren walks over, tears in her eyes,"Guys, I know what Chester is going through."
I look at her, stunned,"You do?"
"Yeah. I used to do it. I still have moments where I get paranoid."
Phoenix looks at me,"Maybe she can help him."
I shrug,"Worth a try."