Gazing Out.

I open my eyes, my stomach swimming,"Chester?"
"Yeah?"
"Dude. This is starting to get rough. I'm waking up in way too much pain."
It will get worse before it gets better."
I sigh and drop down out of my bunk,"Not the time for your messed up sense of humor."
Mike pokes his head in the door,"Grab your socks, ladies. We go on in twenty."
I grab my only pair of shorts off the floor and push past Mike, planning to burn my pain away with an insanely hot shower.
Chester sits up,"Hey Mike."

I sigh as I step into the shower, I can still feel his hands running through my hair. Something has to give.

[Twenty minutes later.]

I look around, clearly anxious, my left hand painfully tight around the neck of my guitar.
Chester smiles and lays his hand on my shoulder,"Hey. Calm down."
I freeze, a warm tension welling in the pit of my stomach.
Mike clears his throat,"Hello, Charleston!!!!!"
I shake my head, quickly clearing my thoughts.
"We are going to do things a little bit different tonight. Eren will start us off with a piece she wrote for her father."
I slowly start playing, my mind clearing more and more as I play,"I'm digging us a hole to travel through. I wanna find a way to rattle you. You wanna hear the thunder hit? You're gonna have to follow me under it. Let go. It's begun. Just as the first night turns to day, and the world gets underway. You say you'll never leave. But I don't have a reason, and you don't have the time. So I'm left, feeling so faithless. Lost under the surface. I'm digging us a hole to travel through. You wanna find a way to rattle me? Yeah. Tough luck. You wanna hear the thunder hit? You're gonna have to follow me under it."
The crowd goes wild as I stop playing.
Mike smiles,"Let me see those fists in the air!!!"