In The Center Of The Silence.

[The next morning. Chester's point of view.]

"Eren. Where's the TV remote? There's supposed to be a news broadcast about us." I sigh as I shake Eren, trying to wake her up.
She groans,"Under the couch. I dropped it. Don't shake me so hard. My chest still hurts."
I shake my head and drop to my knees, quickly searching under the couch, my eyes coming to rest on the bottomed out area where her right hip is located, I quickly shake the thoughts from my mind, No. Find the remote. You need the remote. Let her sleep.
Eren shifts, causing the area to inch closer to the floor.
I close my eyes and feel around for the remote,"Come on....where is it?"

[Eren's point of view.]

I groan and slowly sit up, instinctively drawing my knees up to my chest,"Chess. Why didn't you tell me that your mom can hit as hard as she did?"
He sits up,"I didn't know she would do that."
I sigh, In the center of the silence, violent thoughts are thrown through as thick smoke and flickering lights brighten the room. Everything you wanted to say gets lost and thrown away. You can fade and hesitate to speak your mind, but you can't step back once you cross the line. This is the summer of the rain. Even if I feel I can't stand another minute. Made the gun to run and end this race, but I never look back and I forget it.
Chester's voice.
"Eren? You okay?"
I shake my head, quickly brought out of my thoughts,"Yeah. I'm good."
"You sure?"
I smile,"Yeah. Just thinking."
"About what?"
I look at him,"Everything."
Chester smiles,"Anything I can help you with?"
I shake my head,"Doubt it." I retreat back into my thoughts, Someone, save me now. From the mess that I've created. All the souls have gone. I'm left stranded, here with doubt and fear alone. Tell me, how am I in fault for all the madness? I'm the mess that I've created.
A voice cuts through the pointless words running through my mind.
"Chester. Eren. Leah. Breakfast is ready!"
Chester stands up,"You coming?"
I nod,"I'll be in in a minute."
He stands there, knowing that without motivation, I'll just fall right back to sleep,"Ladies first," he holds out his hand.
I smile and take his hand,"You. Are so cliché and cheesy, that it's not even funny. You know this, right?"
He smiles and pulls me onto my feet,"Yeah. I know I am."
I laugh and pull him to me, both of us ending up as a tangled, laughing mess of limbs, laying sprawled out on the floor.
Chester laughs,"This reminds me of a song.."
I look at him,"Really? What song is it?"
"With You."
"What part?"
"I hit you and you hit me back. We fall to the floor. The rest of the day stands still."
I smile and push him up off me,"You idiot."
He smiles and kisses me,"What? You're the idiot that fell."
I chuckle and roll out from under Chester,"I ain't got the grace that God gave a rock. You know this."
Chester stands up,"You said that. Not me."
I pull myself to my feet,"Yep. Tell her I'll be in in a minute. I'm going to get a shower."
"Okay."