No Roads Left.

I'm back on the bus? Wait. Now who is touching me? My mind swims as I feel skin beneath my left hand. Short, spikey hair?
Mike looks at Chester,"Are you sure you can do this?"
Who is standing beside me? It's driving me crazy!!!! Chester?
His voice cuts through the fog, Yes. Whatever you think, I feel. Or the other way around. I'm going to help you see how to control this.
How? This ended badly the last time I linked with someone.
You know my intentions already. My mind is an open book. I will hide nothing from you.
Okay. How did you know that this would work?
I didn't. I'm still not sure if it will.
Great.....
For just one minute, trust me. Please.
My voice breaks, flooded with uncertainty, Okay. I trust you.
Good. You are going to lose all sense of having a physical form, alright?
O-okay, Chester.
Right on cue, my head stops swimming, every ounce of pain leaving my body.
Feeling better yet?
Actually, I don't feel anything.
Good. I'm going to pick through your memories now. You don't mind me doing it, do you?
Go right ahead.
Control your emotions. I'm picking up a very unnecessary level of something I can only define as a feeling of need.
I'm sorry.... I inadvertently end up retreating into a corner of my mind.
Hey. I didn't mean for you to shut me out entirely. Just relax.
I can try.
There you go. Wow...rough ten years of your life?
Yeah. My mom and I were moving from town to town....
Oh. That's deep.
Without realizing it, I find myself thinking of the lyrics to My December.

[This is my December]
[This is my time of the year]
[This is my December]
[This is all so clear]
[This is my December]
[This is my snow covered home]
[This is my December]
[This is me, alone]

Chester's voice cuts in, Hey. Wake up. I'm done.
His voice fades as I slowly come back to my senses.

A physical voice. Possibly Mike's.
"Eren?"
I groan,"What?"
"How do you feel?"
"Pain. Fear. Need."
"I'm just asking, but when Chester started to pick through your memories, your face went kind of stupid. What emotion did you feel at that point?"
"Need. Safety."
Chester stammers,"The same thing I felt when I was doing it."
Mike looks at me,"What do you mean by the emotion and/or feeling of need?"
I shrug,"Like he was the one I've spent my entire life looking for. Why?"
"Just curious."