The Little Things Give You Away.

I sob,"Mike. I can't do this anymore. I just can't."
He runs his hands in circles along my back,"I know that it's hard. You just need to learn how to control your gift."
I shake my head,"How can I? I'm constantly high to where I can't even remember what day it is."
"Is that why you don't like taking your pain medication?"
I nod,"Yes."
Mike smiles,"Hey. Go look on your bunk."
I look at him,"Why?"
"There's something there for you. I think you'll like it."
"Alright," I stand up,"you better not be filming my reaction." I walk into the bunk room to find a bundle laying on my pillow, as well as a note.
Eren,
I kinda figured you'd want something for your birthday. We all pitched in and got you a few things. I got you a shirt. Rob got you a pack of guitar picks, Brad got you a pair of headphones, Phoenix got you an iPod touch gen two, Joe put the music on it, and Chester got you something special. Happy birthday!
Mike.

I smile as I unwrap the bundle, "Oh my God!! This is one of Mike's shirts!!! And the headphones...Brad autographed them!! Wait... what's in the box?" I tear through the paper to find a small black box, This had to come from Chester. I open the box, tears welling in my eyes,"Awh! It's a ring!!! Wait. What's engraved on the inside of it?"

One ring to rule them all.

"Ah...it also has the band logo on it!!" I smile and slide the ring on the third finger on my right hand. Chester snores softly, mumbling in his sleep,"Shut up when I'm talking to you."
I chuckle and pull my arms through the sleeves of my new shirt,"You simple idiot."
A voice.
"Mike, come here. She's wearing the ring, and the shirt."
I smile and shake my head,"Hey Phoenix."
Mike smiles as he leans against the doorframe,"You like your gifts?"
I smile,"I love them!!"
"Unlock the iPod."
I unlock it, my face breaking into a wide grin,"That's all of us at the concert the other night!"
"Open up the music player and click on Esaul 2016 Studio edit."
I click it, smiling as I hear Phoenix's voice, "Hey all you soldiers out there! Today I'm doing something special for Eren. It's her seventeenth birthday today. Mike and I got together to do a modern edit on an old classic. One you all may know as Esaul. We even have a friend of Eren's on Skype. Hey Alex."
Thick Russian, then smooth English,"Hello Phoenix. Good to talk to the legend behind the bass line. Happy birthday, Erenya!"
Cuts to music.
I smile, tears in my eyes,"You guys didn't have to do this!!!"