Some Nights.

[Later. Eren's point of view.]

I groan and slowly open my eyes,"Rob? Chester? Mike?"
No answer from anyone.
I sit up to find myself on the couch in Mike's house,"Kenji? Chaz?"
A slamming car door outside.
I move towards the window and pull the curtain back to see Chester, Mike, and Rob struggling with a coffee table.
Chester's voice.
"Come on, Rob. Lift with your legs!"
Rob.
"Chester, switch with Mike. You aren't exactly the strongest."
I quickly open the door,"Hang on...let me help you."
Mike decides that he's going to speak now, "Hey. Look who it is! The second half of Beauty and The Beat!"
I shake my head as I walk down the driveway, my feet bare,"Hah. Real funny."
Rob grunts as he struggles under the table,"Come on. This is getting heavy."

[Minutes later.  Rob and I have literally just managed to wrestle the coffee table through the door.]

Rob breathes heavily as he sets his end of the table in the floor,"That, guys, is how you get a table through a door."
I shake my head as I sit down on the couch,"Yeah, but it took us a while."
Rob laughs,"What? Never helped a drummer move a table before?"
I chuckle as I catch sight of Mike turning his stereo on,"I think someone wants us to dance."
Mike holds back a smile,"Maybe."
Rob stands up,"May I have this dance, Miss Wakefield?"
I smile, not really caring that I'm heavily bandaged at my elbows and neck,"Why, Mister Bourdon. How sudden! Of course you may have this dance!"
He laughs and holds out his hand.
I take his hand as I stand up.
Rob smiles as Green Day's Time of Your Life plays through the surround sound system in the living room, a boyish gleam in his eyes.
I smile as I sway to the rhythm, feeling safe, wrapped in the warmth of his arms.
Around the two of us, Mike and Chester scramble to shove the couch, table, and various stands out of the middle of the room.
Rob smiles,"You, are an amazing dancer."
I look up at him,"Th-thanks."
"I'm serious. Seventeen years old, and dances like you've done it your entire life."
I bury my face in his chest, drawing in his scent, taking in the steady beat of his heart, my mind slowing down as the music ends.