Darker Than Blood.

I smile as I adjust the cloth around my forehead,"Hey Jordana. How about we swing over to that cutesy little ink shop over on Main Street?"
She looks at me, a bright smile across her face,"That's a great idea! So. Any idea of what you are going to get?"
I hold up my left arm,"Gonna get It starts with one right across the outside of my lower arm."
She looks at me,"Why?"
"Because. It takes one spark to start a fire, right?"
"Yeah."
"And it takes just one person to start a rebellion, correct?"
"Oh. I see. Okay then."
I pull my glove on as we come upon somewhat of a rather derelict toll booth.
Jordana rolls down her window,"Hello sir. We are requesting passage."
A heavily armed guard stands leaning against the only strong wall of the booth,"Who's she?"
I smile, my Russian accent thick,"Erenya Rostovic. I'm currently carrying child."
The guard slams his fist into a large metal plate beside where he is standing,"Carry on then."
The gate swings up.
Jordana pulls through,"Good job. If we come to any other checkpoints, give the guards the same story. They should let us through."
I nod, my voice reverting back to normal,"Okay, but what if we come to a search checkpoint?"
"Andre's shirt is big enough. It should work."
I sigh and lean back against the seat,"Of course...a pregnant Russian woman in a black man's shirt...yeah..."
"You don't believe me? Some of history's greatest deceptions have been pulled off by pregnant women in a man's clothing."
I sigh and close my eyes.

[Five minutes later.]

Thick Chinese.
I find myself being pulled out of the car and brutally thrown onto my stomach, multiple sharp stones cutting my flesh.
The voice again, this time in English.
"Who are you?"
I cough, my head spinning,"My name is Erenya Rostovic. I'm currently carrying child."
The Chinese guard steps hard on my right hand, the heel of his boot shattering my thumb,"What are you doing out past curfew?"
I lay there, trying not to cry,"Sir. Please let me go. I'm pregnant. I need to see a doctor."
He steps off of my hand, a sneer in his voice,"What is your child's name?"
"Ch-charles and M-mark."
"So you are having two sons?"
I nod slowly, my hand and head throbbing in unison,"Y-yes. Sir."
"What is that on your left hand?"
"A prosthetic. I lost my hand in a car crash in the glorious father land."
"Let me see it move."
I slowly flex my fingers, the glove slowing my movements, creating a convincing set of fluid motions.
The guard yells at one of his buddies in Chinese.
I feel myself being jerked to my feet.
The guard looks at me, his eyes cold,"Get back in the car. Keep driving until you come to the hospital. If any guards stop you, tell them Shing Chi has given orders to let you pass. Welcome to the bigger picture, Miss Wakefield."
I climb back into the shotgun seat of Jordana's car, my head spinning,"What's so special about Shing Chi?"
Jordana looks at me and puts the car in drive,"Shing Chi is known as The Grand Dragon, quite simply because he fears no one and is second to none."
I close my eyes in an attempt to ease the three levels of pain,"What did he mean when he said Welcome to the bigger picture?"
"The rebellion is worldwide. You and Chester simply started it in America."
I grunt,"Oh. Okay."