Eren's Lament.

[Minutes later. Eren's point of view. In the car.]

"Mike. Seriously. I can't keep doing this. They know that I live with you and Chester. If you think C and I stormed the house for Alex, you've obviously never seen how quickly MHFA can storm a place to find someone who was released early." I cast a nervous glance at Mike before returning my gaze to the rearview mirror, watching as five silhouettes run at breakneck speed through the facility's large vegetable garden.
Voices.
"MIKE! START THE CAR!"
"PHOENIX! HURRY UP!!"
Gunshots.
Voices.
"Chaz!"
"CHESTER'S BEEN SHOT IN THE BACK!"
The silhouette that is Chester drops to the ground.
I kick the back right door open and pull Rob's sawed off shotgun from under the passenger seat, rack the weapon, and break into a run, a demonic yell escapes from some part of me that I've kept hidden for far too long,"ANLI, JONATI. I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD! IF YOU HURT HIM, I WILL SEND A TWENTY GAUGE SLUG BETWEEN ALL FOUR OF YOUR EYES!!"
Phoenix yells,"EREN! NO!"
I run faster before tripping in a ditch, the shotgun going off as it hits the ground.
Jonati Benton drops like a sack of potatoes.
Phoenix picks Chester up before running over to me,"EREN! IT WAS A PAINTBALL GUN!!!!"
I lay there, my head spinning, chin and elbows bleeding around the multiple pieces of gravel and loose pavement that are lodged in the wounds, my voice hoarse,"It....was a... paintball gun?" Tears threaten to spill over.
Phoenix picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder,"Come on. We have to go. Cry when we get to Mike's place."
I look at Chester, whose glasses are smeared and muddy,"Chaz? You okay?"
"Yep. I'm good. I have a massive welt between my shoulder blades, but yeah. I'm good."
"Let me guess. Purple tracking dye?"
"Yep. Gonna have to ditch my shirt."
"Oh well. Small sacrifice."
Anli Ishko's voice.
"Subject 971-1B, Subject 873-2A. Subject 123-4C, cease and desist, or be met with the use of live ammunition!"
I swallow hard,"Phoenix. Set me down. I know what i have to do."
"Eren, this isn't the way to stop this."
I send my thumb into the bend of Phoenix's right shoulder, dropping to the ground.
Phoenix lets out an agonized cry as he drops Chester.
I scramble over to Brad's shotgun and pick it up before racking it a second time, my hands and arms shaking like leaves, my jaw set,"Anli, you've been a good tormentor and a horrible friend. It's time I relieve you of your duties." I pull the trigger, quickly finding myself sprawled on my back from the recoil of the shotgun.
Anli Ishko drops, her entire head obliterated.
Chester crawls over to me,"Nice shot, kid."
A voice.
"That wasn't her shot that killed Ishko. Eren shot her in the knee. I finished her off."
I look up to see Mike holding a large pistol in his trembling hands.
"Now come on. We need to get out of here."