Fallout.

[Chester's point of view.]
Where am I?
Soft guitar music, as well as a soft voice. A female voice. Too far away to understand.
I slowly open my eyes, "E-eren?"
The music stops.
"Chester?"
I slowly sit up, completely unaware of the heavy bandages around my torso.
Eren puts her hand on my shoulder, carefully pushing me back down,"Don't move. If you move now, you'll rip the repaired tissue and bleed internally."
I look at her, stopping as I see my reflection in her eyes,"Eren. Your eyes. The pupils are bigger than what they should be."
"Look at your arms. You'll see why my eyes are like this."
I slowly look at my right arm, Intravenous drip. Morphine.
"Yep. You receive the painkiller, I show the effects. We both end up with a pretty good high."
"How?"
Eren touches her forehead,"When my brother jammed his pistol into my forehead, he opened up the link between you and I. I'm going to have a nasty bruise there for a few days."
I look at her,"Where's your ring?"
She smiles,"It's still on my hand. I just can't take it off for six weeks. Give or take."
"Why?"
"I broke a few fingers."
"What do you mean?"
"I told Lee that the only way he was getting it was when they surgically removed it from under his left ear. And then I decked him."
I smile,"Getting a little bit rough, aren't you?"
"I could have hit him harder."
I smile weakly,"What were you playing?"
"A cover of She Couldn't. Why?"
"You did awesome."
"Thanks! I find that music helps me when I'm stressed out."

[Mike's point of view.]
I knock softly on the door to Chester's hospital room,"Chess? Can I come in?"
"Sure."
I quickly adjust my shirt collar and hide the flowers and card behind my back before opening the door.
Chester smiles,"Hey Mikey. What's behind your back?"
I smile and walk over to the stand beside his bed,"I brought you some flowers. Oh. And a card."
The room starts to fade except for Chester and I, surrounded by the sounds of soft acoustic guitar music.
I smile, Huh. She's playing No Roads Left.
Chester takes my hand,"Mike. Can I tell you something?"
I swallow hard, reacting violently to the warmth of his grip,"S-sure, Chess."
"Earlier. Out by the bus. As I was bleeding. I had this dream of what my life would be like if I hadn't met you."
I start to tear up,"Chester.... That's... Awh..."I kiss him softly, my mind going dead. My senses numb except for the mass of skin, flesh, and heat below me.
A sudden sound causes us to break away from each other.
I turn to find Eren trying to re-string the guitar i let her borrow.
My breath catches in my chest,"Don't worry. I'll fix it later."