Made The Gun To Run.

[Five minutes later. Chester's point of view.]

I sigh as I beat on the door,"Eren. Let me in. You have both cards."
The door clicks open.
I walk in,"How are you feeling?"
Eren sighs as she lays back down,"Like death warmed over."
I smile,"You want me to lay with you? Since you stole another one of my shirts?"

[Eren's point of view.]

I look at Chester,"You don't mind, do you?"
"What? Protecting you? Or you wearing my shirt?"
"Both."
Chester smiles and kicks his shoes off,"I've got two other shirts just like the one you have on."
I smile and roll onto my side, my back to Chester.
Voices. Yelling. Coming from Mike's room.

"ROB. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?"
"YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW, MIKE!?"
"YES! OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE FURIOUS THAT YOU ALMOST CAUSED EREN TO DIE!!"
"I DON'T THINK YOU MADE THE BEST DECISION BY ASKING HER TO JOIN!!"

Mike's voice. Lower. Still furious.

"What do you have against Eren?"

Rob. Still as loud as when the fight started.

"SHE ISN'T MARK! YOU MAY THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE SHE'S HIS DAUGHTER, BUT IT JUST DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S A REINCARNATION OF HIM!"

Breaking glass. Rob just knocked the lamp off the stand between the two beds.

Mike's voice. Defeated.

"What am I supposed to do? Tell her to hit the bricks?"

Rob. Cold. Heartless.

"Yes."

Mike.

"I can't just do that. She's hundreds of miles from home. It would be against Mark's wishes to even think of canning the poor girl."

Rob. Furious again.

"TO FUCK WITH MARK'S WISHES!!! EITHER SHE GOES, OR I DO!!!"

Slamming door.

I sigh as I close my eyes, struggling to keep from crying.
Chester lays down beside me, quickly taking me in his arms,"Don't worry. They've fought like this once or twice before. Rob doesn't leave, quite simply because he knows that if he does, he'll have to go back to waiting tables."
I lay there, deciding to actually break down, the first time since right before I almost died, "Chester. I know that I already have one strike against me. Why do you guys still keep me around?"
Chester's voice. Soft in my ear.
"I keep you around because I like you. Mike keeps you around because he thinks of you as a lyrical genius. That and you remind him of Mark. Everyone else, except for Rob, keeps you around because they like you. And besides. What's strike two?"
I sigh, my voice breaking,"I'm a woman. The first that you guys have seen since you all left California."
Chester tenses up momentarily, then relaxes,"Well. Yes. But.. and I'm speaking for myself...I have an insane amount of self control."
I lay there, my breathing choppy, indicating that I'm trying not to cry..or sob....or scream.. whichever comes first.