Rob's Redemption.

[Rob's point of view. Later that night.]

I yawn as I finish changing the bandages around Eren's elbows,"You wanna crash at my place tonight? I need someone to talk to. Phoenix and Brad are crashing with Joe tonight."
Eren yawns,"Yeah. Let me just leave a note."
I sigh as I stand up, pulling my arms through my jacket sleeves,"Okay. Grab a jacket and your rifle. I figure we'll have company tonight."

[Eren's point of view.]

I yawn as I scribble a sloppy note on the back of a sheet of song lyrics.

Mike, Chaz,
Crashing with Rob tonight.
Love, Eren.

Rob sighs as he opens the front door,"Come on. We need to hurry up. I live all the way across town. The stoplights quit working after midnight."
I move towards the door, quickly grabbing Chester's leather jacket and fighting my arms through the sleeves before picking up my AR-15 assault rifle and moving towards Rob's black Ford F-450 pickup truck,"Okay. God it's cold out."
Rob chuckles as he closes the door before locking it with the key that Chester had given him,"Pansy."
I shake my head as I press my left thumb against the pressure pad on the pistol grip of my rifle, a bright blue beam of light is emited from under the barrel.
I quickly search in the cab of the truck before moving towards the bed.
Just then, a dark shape launches itself at me, knocking me onto my back on the cold, hard asphalt, it's fingers wrapping around my neck.
I gasp,"Ta-takashi!?"
The figure laughs as it pulls something from a hidden pocket,"Yes, Eren. You killed Anli. An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. BLOOD FOR BLOOD!"
I wince as I feel the cold kiss of a steel blade being drug across the front of my neck.
Suddenly, a loud yell and a harsh thump rings out.
"GET AWAY FROM HER, TAKASHI!"
Takashi grunts as he rolls back under Rob's truck,"Bourdon, you can't fight your way out of a wet paper bag!"
I lay there, a thin trickle of blood flowing from both sides of my neck, Why didn't he cut deeper? He cut just deep enough to fuck me up. He could have killed me with one swift motion. But he didn't. Why?
Rob grunts as he slams Takashi against the pavement,"Eren. Shoot him. Now!"
I lay there, my head spinning, my voice cracks with the sound of blood welling in my throat,"Rob. I can't. I'm bleeding. He sliced my neck."
Takashi laughs,"Yes! Shintuo will be proud of me! I will have finalized the destruction of the Wakefield-Bennington-Shinoda family!"
I close my eyes, letting the cold overtake me, "R-rob. I'm s-sorry that I c-caused th-this."
Rob yells as his fist finds Takashi's jaw,"EREN!!!"
I lay there, my left hand limp around the grip of my rifle, every sense of feeling leaving me.
Rob runs over to me,"Eren!?"
I look at him through glass eyes, my voice barely escapes my throat,"Bourdie. I'm sorry." I close my eyes.
Rob pulls me to him, tears forming in his eyes,"Eren. No. Don't close your eyes. Please."

[Hours later. Three-thirty in the morning. Eren's point of view.]

I groan and slowly open my eyes,"R-rob? What happened?"
Rob looks at me, half laughing, half crying,"Takashi Ishko attacked us. He slit your throat. I thought I lost you."
I slowly regain feeling in my hands, my mind registering that I'm laying on the couch in the living room of Rob's house,"What happened to Takashi?"
"I beat him unconscious and left him in the middle of the road."
I sit up, tears welling in my eyes, quickly rolling down my cheeks, only to soak into the bandages around my neck,"Rob. I'm scared. If Takashi jumped me that easily, just imagine how quickly Shintuo could waste me."
Rob quickly takes me in his arms,"Calm down. I won't let him hurt you. I promise."