All Of This Will Soon Be Gone.

[Midnight. Eren's point of view.]

I gasp as I manage to break free of Chester's loose grip, sweat dripping from my forehead. I sit straight up, still haunted by the argument between Mike and Rob.
Chester sits up beside me,"You okay?"
I shake my head, unable to find my voice.
He takes me in his arms, his voice soft,"I know, all of this will soon, be gone. You don't, really have to prove, them wrong. I know, soon enough, you'll make, them see. Some day, you'll be far away from this, with me."
I sit there, staring at my trembling hands,"Chester. I can't do this. Tension like that was exactly why I tried to throw my life away when I was younger. I don't want to lose control of what I do again...."
"Hey. Don't worry. If I can stop it, so can you."
I scramble to my feet,"Where's my iPod?"
"In your bag. Why?"
"I need it."

[A few minutes later.]

I sigh as I pull my iPod out of my bag, "Might as well slip down to the vending machines. You want something?"
"No. But can I come with you?"
I shrug,"I don't care."
Chester smiles and pulls his jeans on.
I chuckle as I straighten the leg of my shorts,"Man. Put a shirt on."
He strikes an incredibly entertaining and/or mind-blowing pose,"What? You like what you see?"
I smile as I pull my boots on,"I see a guy covered in tattoos who thinks he has a chance, when he and I both know he doesn't."
Chester pulls a black t-shirt on over his head,"That's not what you said in the alternate timeline."
I sigh and walk towards the door.

[Hallway by the vending machines. Minutes later.]

I shake my head, clearly becoming aggravated that the chip machine won't take my dollar,"These things never work right!!"
Chester comes up behind me, his voice soft in my ear,"Eren, give me the dollar. There's a trick to doing this.."
I stammer, a sudden, furious heat running up the back of my neck,"O-okay Chester. Here." My right hand relaxes just enough to let the money be pulled from my grip.
His breath. Against the back of my neck.
I stand there, fighting against my weak knees.
His arms, around my waist,"Hey. What's wrong?"
I cough,"Something pulling me into the secondary timeline."
"Go ahead in. I'll carry you back to the room, then I'll meet you in the ST."
I close my eyes.