The Flag We Carry is Our Own.

[Chester's point of view.]

"Mike!?" I stand there, unable to comprehend that the once six foot, three inch tall man in front of me is now half his height, as well as five years old.
Phoenix stammers,"How is this happening?"
Mike smiles, his brown eyes shining,"Chesser!!!"
I stammer,"How!?"
Rob kneels down in front of Mike,"Hey Mikey. How you feeling?"
In an instant, Mike turns and runs towards the stage,"MUSIC!!!!"
I run after him, "MIKEY, NO. STAGE IS FOR BIG KIDS!!"
He turns, looks at me, turns back, and continues running.
I quickly grab him, pulling him tight against me.
Mike struggles in my arms, tears welling in his eyes,"Chesser. Why!?"
I grunt,"No. Growing children need sleep."

[Five weeks later. Eren's point of view.]

I groan softly as I open my eyes,"Guys. Why don't I remember the last concert?"
Mike's voice below me, "Come to think of it, I can't remember it either."
Chester's restless voice,"You two put us through hell for five straight weeks. Living with you at seventeen and thirty-five is awkward enough. Living with you at five was nearly impossible."
Phoenix grunts from his bunk,"True that."
Joe chuckles,"Don't even ask about when we took you to the doctors office..... everyone kept asking if you two were mine and Brad's kids..."
Rob laughs,"Dude. I have never seen Chester run that fast, just to pick up something other than a slice of pizza. And he's skinny as a rail."
I slowly sit up,"So what you are saying, is that Mike and I were turned into five year olds?"
Chester, half asleep.
"Yes. You two were evil. Even Eliza thought y'all were a little bit on the needy side."
The hair on the back of my neck stands on end as I turn towards the figure laying beside me,"E-eliza??"
A voice, older, deeper.
"Yes, Miss Eren?"
I scramble down from my bunk, collapsing hard in a sitting position against the far wall,"Guys. That's not Eliza....."
Phoenix grunts,"What do you mean? That was Eliza four hours ago."
I slowly stand up, moving towards my bunk, my voice shaking,"E-eliza?"
The voice again.
"Yes?"
I draw in a hesitant breath,"May I ask how old you are?"
"The same age as you."
"S-seventeen?"
"Yes."
I turn and walk out,"Nope. Can't be happening."
Chester pokes his head through the door,"Eren?"
I stammer,"Going to be working on a song." I walk into the studio and lock the door behind me.

[Mike's point of view.]

I shrug as I look at Phoenix,"You know what song she's working on?"
Phoenix shakes his head,"Nope. You know, Chaz?"
"Not a clue."

[Eren's point of view.]

Pencil sharpener... screwdriver.....I dig through the drawer under the soundboard, simultaneously fighting my way out of my red shirt.
Voices.
"Eren. Open the door. Please."
I fight back tears as I take apart a small handheld pencil sharpener, my voice low,"No."
The voices again, this time taking on the sound of my three biggest fears.
"Subject 873-2A. Cell search. Open the door or prepare to be met with force."
I draw in a breath as I sit down on the floor, dragging the blade across the skin of my right forearm, watching as the blood forms the words Dead By Sunrise, my head starting to spin.
Mike's voice, followed by the sound of his shoe meeting the door handle,"Eren. I'm getting tired of kicking doors in."
I sit there, watching the weak wooden door contend with the fury of Mike's kicks.
The door flies open.
Chester and Mike rush in.
I close my eyes, feeling every ounce of fear and anxiety leaving me.
Mike holds back a sharp cry,"Eren!"
Chester runs over to me,"Eren? Why? Why did you do this?"
I look at him, my eyes dull,"I'm an artist. It's just that unlike you and Mike, my medium is myself. With every stroke of the blade, I feel my pain and fear leaving."
Chester kneels down beside me,"Mike. Get a cloth and some rubbing alcohol. Fast." He presses his hand against my arm, putting enough pressure to stop the bleeding.
I look down at my arm, watching the blood seep through his fingers.
Mike runs out.
Chester grunts as he pulls his shirt off, quickly wrapping it around my arm.
I close my eyes and lean back against the wall, "Chester. I'm sorry. I...I just..things got a little too heavy....."my voice trails off.
He shakes me,"Eren. EREN!! MIKE! SHE'S NOT RESPONDING!!"
Mike runs in,"Uncover her arm. I know how to wake her up. But she's going to come up swinging. Uncover her arm and back the fuck up."
Chester backs up,"Okay. Do what you have to do."
Mike dumps the alcohol on my arm, then jumps back.
I open my eyes, fighting against the insane burning feeling in my right arm,"MOTHERFUCKING HELL, MIKE! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!!??!!???!!!"
Chester slowly moves towards me,"Eren? Are you okay?"
I force myself to my feet,"No. I just fell off a five-story building and landed on the asphalt, what do you think?"
His voice goes flat,"Could've done without the sarcasm."
I stand there, violent tremors running through me, my voice breaking,"Chester, Mike, I'm scared. I'm afraid that they'll find me again. You guys can't put me back in that facility. If they find me, they will end me on the spot because they couldn't when I was in there."
Chester takes me in his arms,"Who? Who will find you?"
I shudder,"Jonati......Anli..... Martin...... you can't let them take me.. please."
Mike clears his throat,"Eren. Who are these people?"
I shake my head, my throat clenching shut.
Mike stammers, growing slightly furious,"Eren, who are these guys??"
I shake my head, my voice barely making it past my lips,"Jonati Benton, Anli Ishko, and Martin Marino. My three biggest fears. The three vermin who were assigned to guard me."
Mike's voice, cold, indicating his steel reserve.
"Guys, we guard her in shifts. Chester, you and I are first watch. Rob, Brad, second. Phoenix, Joe, third. Eliza, she goes into the bathroom anywhere in a public place, you go with her."
A collective of voices, all except for mine.
"Okay. Sounds like a plan."
I close my eyes, falling limp in Chester's arms, my energy and strength gone.