The Unwanted Truth.

I open my eyes to find myself standing in a dimly lit hospital room, waiting for Jordana to show up.
Chester smiles and squeezes my hand,"I'm glad that you are my partner in crime."
I smile,"We gotta stick together. Especially now."
"Don't you mean nine months from now?"
I chuckle,"Hey. They're my kids until they get into trouble. Then they're yours."
"I'll take what I can get."
I smile slightly,"Charles is going to be just like you, yah know."
"How do you figure?"
"Instigating. A heartbreaker. But then, when he finds the right girl, he'll be the perfect gentleman."
Chester smiles,"What if he pulls a me?"
"In which timeline?"
"The first one."
"Then I'll ream his neck so badly that he won't know what hit him."
"That's not what I meant."
"Oh. You mean like Bennoda."
"Yep."
"I'd be completely okay with that if it happens."
Jordana smiles as she walks in the door,"Sorry I got held up....A doctor's work is never done."
I shrug,"Eh... you win some, you lose some."
"How's your thumb doing?"
I take the small splint off,"Swollen. Bruised..... painful."
"Can you move it?"
I shake my head,"No."
"Oh. I'd send you for an X-ray, but....yah know..."
I sigh,"Yeah...the radiation could do some serious damage...I know..."
Jordana smiles,"Anyway, how's the man with the voice that started the spark?"
Chester sits up, letting the thin blanket fall from his shoulders,"I've been better."
Just then, I decide to make the stupid decision of looking at Chester, Oh God. Look at the cords and muscles in his neck..... he's like a machine...
He looks at me,"You okay there?"
I quickly drop my gaze to the floor, my cheeks blood red,"I...uh.... yeah. I'm good."
Jordana chuckles,"You can't keep your eyes off of him. Just admit it."
I stammer as I slide the splint back onto my thumb,"I.... what? No..."
Chester smiles,"What can I say? I am machine."
I shake my head,"Nah. You ain't."
Jordana laughs,"That ain't what I heard you saying last night!"
I sigh,"Thanks...."