Eyes Shut Tight.

I open my eyes, still able to smell the horrid scent of antiseptics, my mind in a haze.
A faint voice.
"Breakfast is ready!"
I yawn and join the others in a half-hearted exchange of words as we shuffle into the kitchen.
Mike looks at me over the top of a mug of steaming coffee,"Heard you talking in your sleep. Bad dream?"
I look at him, suddenly wide awake,"N-no....why?"
Mike smiles slightly,"Just asking. Maybe a certain friend would like to know of your little charade?"
My mind flashes, Alex!!! I look at Mike, pleading,"Please. Don't tell Alex."
"Why shouldn't I?"
I sigh,"Because. He's been deported. He had to go back to Russia."
Mike looks defeated,"What?"
I flash him a smile,"What's wrong, Mikey? Ran out of ammunition?"
Chester speaks up,"Yeah. We both have a major problem with talking in our sleep."
I sigh and walk over to the counter,"Morning, Joe."
Joe smiles and loads a plate with steak and eggs,"Breakfast is served, milady."
I blush slightly,"Mr. Hahn. You shouldn't have."
"It was the least I could do."
I smile and take the plate, between mouthfuls of steak, I toss somewhat of a question to Phoenix,"Hey. Can I borrow your laptop here in a few minutes?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"Research."
I walk out.

[Five minutes later.]

I draw in a shaky breath as I start reading, "Wakefield-Bennington crash. 2003. Reports say that the fatal crash happened at eleven o'clock p.m the night of December third. The crash happened when seventeen year old Chester Bennington lost control of his 2003 Chevrolet Silverado and crossed the median of the highway, slamming into the 2001 Ford Explorer owned by a thirty-two year old Mark Wakefield, killing him instantly."
Chester stops eating.
I continue reading,"Medics rushed Chester and a seventeen year old Eren Wakefield, to the hospital for head injuries and lacerations. Mark Wakefield was sent for an autopsy to determine his role in the crash. New reports show that the younger driver passed out before crossing the median. Later reports indicate that both Wakefield and Bennington were both readmitted for mental examination due to Wakefield having a breakdown from seeing her father's body."
Mike chokes on his coffee,"S-she was five when it happened!!!!!"
I shake my head,"Mike. Don't you see? There are two of Chester and I. The ones you four know. And there's also the two that only he and I know."
Chester nods,"Yes. Because you were in my memory, of course the news reports are going to show that you were injured. We altered time without meaning to."
This time, the sounds of four people choking fills the kitchen,"Changed time!? How!?!?"
I slowly raise my right hand, my fingers fully extended outward,"Like this." The time on Phoenix's laptop flashes three hours ahead.
Phoenix looks at me,"What!?"
Emerald green lines start to run up my arm as I change the time back to what he set it as.
I slowly lower my arm, my head spinning, stomach jerking, Ugh.... even that little stunt took too much energy. This isn't good.
Mike shakes me slightly,"Eren. Hey. Don't pass out."
I look at him, my eyes wide and glassed over,"Why? There's so much more to the crash than what even Chester knows." And with that, I slip back into the dream.

Ah...why does it feel like I hit the floor a little too hard?
A voice, rough. Cold.
"Miss Wakefield. You have been admitted for a week long mental examination."
I open my eyes,"I don't need my head poked around. I need out of here." I struggle, just to find that I've already been restrained.
The voice again.
"Subject one is becoming hostile, whereas subject two is unresponsive."
I stop struggling, Chester? Unresponsive!? I struggle harder,"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!!!??!!"
"Sedate her."
I wince as I feel the syringe in my arm.
Everything goes black.

I gasp and open my eyes to find that everyone has cleared a three foot circle around me.
Mike moves towards me,"Eren. Calm down."
I look at him,"You're the one who gave the order to sedate me."
Rob quickly pulls Mike back,"She's confused. Let Chester talk to her."
I look at Rob, my anger slowly mounting,"You were the one who restrained me! Phoenix. You sedated me. Brad. You were the sick idiot who was taking notes, feeding the information to Mike, and Joe, you were the one waiting to fry me in case I went ballistic. Why should I trust any of you expect for Chester!?" The lines run up my arm again, my muscles expanding and contracting violently.
Chester speaks up, his voice clear against my raging anger,"Eren. Calm down. You're safe. Calm down. Please!"
I drop to my knees, my heart pounding dangerously.