Steal The Light That Darkens These Remains.

[Later. Inside. Chester's point of view.]

"Mom. I pray to God that we don't lose Charles and Mark." I sigh as I sit at the kitchen table of my mom's house.
She looks at me,"Who are Charles and Mark?"
"Mine and Eren's sons."
"CHESTER CHARLES BENNINGTON, YOU GOT HER PREGNANT!?"
I sit there, feeling like I could shrink into the floor, my voice catching in my throat,"Y-yeah."
My mother's voice softens as Eren stumbles into the room,"Chester. Why didn't you call me and let me know?"
I lie. Straight through my teeth,"Mom. I've been busy. The Resistance needs me."
"Chester Charles, I know you are lying. How can you be so busy as to forget to call your own mother?"
I sigh and hold up my right hand,"See the blood on my fingers?"
"Yes. Why?"
"I've killed at least three people so far."
"What!?"
I nod and pull a large pistol from the waistband of my jeans,"Yep. One was a rebel."

[Eren's point of view.]

I sigh as I sit down beside Chester,"The ground snuck up on me, man!"
Chester's mother smiles,"So you must be Eren?"
I smile,"Yep. The one and only."
"If you don't mind my asking, may I see your scar?"
I reach up and untie the knot that's holding the cloth around my head, letting it fall to the floor,"Any special reason you wanted to see it?"
"I had heard that your father was killed. I just didn't believe that you were in the crash. How exactly did you get your scar?"
I sigh,"After the initial impact, I opened the door and dropped out just in time to see my dad's body flying through the air. Then Chess's truck flipped and the bottom of the driver's side door sliced along my forehead."
"You poor child. Chester. Why is your eye covered?"
He looks at me for a moment, clearly unsure whether he should answer, then looks at his mom,"I've got a blown pupil."
"How'd that happen?"
"In the hospital. They beat me to try and break Eren's strong mental state."
I sit there, my hands balling into fists, my head starting to pound, my muscles screaming in protest, my voice harsh,"That sick, twisted bastard succeeded at it, too."
Chester throws his arm around me, pulling me to him,"Hey. Calm down. I'm still alive."
I slowly relax,"Yeah. But he's only alive still because you wouldn't let me wrap my hands around his neck and keep them there until he turned blue."
"I've told you. You don't need to hurt the man."
I look down at my left hand, my fingers flex, my bare skin a soft, beautiful shade of pink,"I know. But it hurts me to see you have to cover your eye. Your eyes are the most beautiful shade of blue."
Chester smiles,"Hey. I can uncover it when I'm not running around fighting or doing things for the Resistance."
I smile,"I'd like that."
"Just as long as you promise me to let your eyes light up more often."
I look at him,"You're just saying that."
"Nope. I like how they shine when you get mad and/or in that mood you go into when you're about to fight."
I look at him, "You wanna see me when I'm fighting mad?" A stray muscle in my neck twitches.
"Yeah."
I look at Leah,"Kid. Hit me. Right in the ribs."
She stammers,"I don't think I should do that."
I stand up,"HIT ME, DAMMIT!"
Just then, a fist finds the center of my chest, followed by a voice.
"Leah. Thank you for not hitting her. I wanted to see if she could take a blow."
Chester. Clearly unable to believe what just happened.
"Mom! Why!?"
I gasp and kneel down,"O-okay. A little harder than I expected, but still a good swing."
Chester stands up,"You alright?"
I cough and straighten up,"Yes. I'm alright."
"You sure?"
I stand there,"Yes. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to get some sleep." I walk into the living room of the small apartment.