[s] A Favor For Kookie

"Jimin," he called my name and I looked up from my phone.

"Yeah, Kookie?" I gave him a smile.

"Have you seen my camera laying around anywhere? I can't seem to find it," he glanced around the room, playing with a ball of fuzz between his fingers.

"Uh, the Canon camera?"

"Yeah, that one," he turned to me and nodded.

"Well...I saw you with it in the van earlier," I stood up, slipping my phone into my pocket.

"I know. I'm pretty sure I brought it inside, too."

"Well," I started to walk down the hallway towards his room, "maybe you've misplaced it."

I could hear him following me and feel his eyes on me. It was strange because, for a change, he was following me.

I was so used to staring at the back of his head and going wherever he went, that I almost got lost on the way to his room.

"Have you asked TaeTae if he's seen it?" I tried to make conversation as we entered the room.

"Yeah, he said the same thing as you," Jungkook sighed, "I hope I didn't lose it. I really liked it."

"Like, Kookie," I corrected him, "It's not gone forever quite yet."

"But it's not here. Where else would it be?"

I walked back to him, the maknae letting the door fall shut as he moved away from me.

"Jungkook," I finally caught his gaze and I held his face still so he wouldn't look away, "It'll be fine, we'll find it."

"Thank you hyung," he gave me a small smile, then turned to start looking again.

I sighed and dropped my hands to my sides.

"What's wrong?" He turned back to me, "Do you not want to help?"
"No, it's fine. I was bored anyways," I faked a smile then turned towards Ho Seok's side of their room.

"Alright then," he said and then I heard him opening his dresser drawers.

I searched on top of and under Ho Seok's bed, in the floor under clothes, and on every surface that was piled with junk.

It wasn't on our hyung's side of the room, so I went to join Kookie as he searched through his nightstand.

"It's a big camera. You'd think it wouldn't be easy to lose," he muttered and closed the last drawer. He sighed and took a seat on his bed, "I don't know where it could be."

"Well, I'm sure it'll turn up somewhere. Seven people live here after all," I tried to reassure him since he had been carrying that thing everywhere for the last month.

He simply nodded, hanging his head.
It was silent for a while, and I found myself playing with his hair.

When he finally looked up, his eyes were different somehow and his cheeks were a raging red.

"Kookie," I crouched down in front of him, "Don't cry. I promise you I won't rest until we find it."

"No, that's...that's not it, Jimin hyung," he turned his head in the direction of the door, "Hyung, do you remember what I told you last month?"

"About you being...," I trailed off and he nodded, "Yeah, what about it?"

"I need you to do me a favor, but I won't force you."

That peaked my curiosity so I nodded, "Yeah sure, what is it?"

"I wouldn't agree so fast if I were you," he smiled and leaned back on his palms.