Trust Me

"Hey Momma," Jimin tucked his phone between his shoulder and his cheek before he picked up his son from the high chair.

"Hey sweetie," she giggled, "How're my boys doing this month?"

"We're great," Jimin said happily, "Junie's trying to walk and it's adorable to watch him fail so hard."

"Ah, I knew you wouldn't be a typical parent. Whatever you do, don't get him tattooed or pierced. He's only a year old."

"I know Momma," Jimin laughed, moving to sit on the couch. He placed Jun Hae on his lap and grabbed his phone in his left hand, "I'll let him make that decision on his own."

The baby hummed and grabbed his own foot, pulling on his toes before he realized they didn't come off like his socks did.

"How's work, Jiminie?," his mother asked, her voice softer than normal.

The father sighed and gripped his baby tighter as the little one tried to get off his lap, "It's so boring. And it's hard to keep up with everything when I pile school and Junie's needs on top of it."

"Yeah, I figured. You know you could just come and live with us, right baby?"

"I know I could, but I really like this school and it's the only one with the art courses I want."

There was a loud, frantic knock on the door and Jimin twisted his body towards it.

"Um, Mom, someone's at the door, I gotta go."

"Oh, well, call me back when Junie starts walking, I'll put it down in his baby book for you."

"Will do, love you," Jimin smiled as he let Jun Hae slide to the floor and stand between his knees.

"Love you two, too," the grandmother giggled, "Give Junie kisses for me."

"I will, bye Momma."

"Bye baby."

Jimin turned off his phone and brought Jun back into his arms, pressing a few kisses to the baby's chubby cheeks.

"From Granny," Jimin giggled with his son as they made their way to the door.

The loud knocks came again and Jimin let out an annoyed, "I'm coming!"

He reached the door and pulled it open, ready with a snide remark, but he froze when his eyes met Jeon Jungkook's.

"Hey," the black haired male's voice was airy as he sighed out his greetings.

Jimin contemplated shutting the door in Jeon Jungkook's annoying face. Yet when he looked at the taller's eyes, he saw Jun Hae's eyes and he couldn't.

"What do you want?" Jimin settled on sounding sour as he protectively wrapped his free arm around Jun.

"What do I want?" Jungkook almost laughed, "Where have you been? I've been looking for a year. Damn, how...how old is he? Can he walk yet? Has he said anything?"

"So now you care?"

"I always cared, Jimin," Jungkook's eyes lost their sparkle and he tried to reach out to the other two, but Jimin backed up.

"That why you left us?"

"I had to."

"Yeah, just like you had to go to Seokjin while we were still together and while I was dealing with being pregnant on my own," the smaller of them would've liked to sound more intimidating, but he didn't want Jungkook to cry on his doorstep or anything.

"Jimin, I'm sorry. I really am, but...you gotta realize how hard it was on me too."

"Hard on you?!" The older scoffed, "Because you had to get a c-section and you have to work crappy jobs and drop him off at daycare and go to school whenever you get free time. It's so hard on you to work at that stupid gym and get laid every few days."