Tell Me You Love Me

So...a few years back, I fell in love with my best friend Jimin. Although, he's been dating our friend, Ho Seok, for longer than I've had these feelings.

So, it should be wrong that I love Jimin the way I do, right? He's taken and because he's been with Ho Seok for so long, there's no way he'll ever feel the same.

"Ugh!" Jimin slammed his books on the table beside me, making me look up, "He's being so complicated." Jimin sat down in the chair next to me and buried his face in his hands.

I watched him for a few seconds then silently inhaled as I looked around the library.

No one was close enough to notice us, so I tapped his shoulder.

He uncovered one eye and looked at me, his bangs resting gently on his eyelashes.

I felt my face turn red just before I made the stupidest face I could think to make.

It was good enough because Jimin cracked a small smile and dropped his hands to the table.

I stopped making faces and looked back to my textbook.

After about a minute of him organizing his bag, I felt something on my cheek, then heard his soft whisper of "Thank you, Kookie."

At this moment, I realized he just kissed my cheek. My heart went into overdrive, thudding away in my chest. I lifted my head to look at him for just a second, then smiled lightly as I nodded a 'You're welcome'.

He dropped his eyes to his messy bag and got back to organizing.

I turned my gaze to my textbook, but I couldn't focus on reading it anymore. I placed my hand on my chest and felt my heart thumping.

It'd never been this bad before, not even the night we cuddled up during a horror movie.

I glanced over, seeing him smiling as he put papers into the seemingly correct binders.

It made me happy when he was happy.

----------------

"Jungkook," Jimin grabbed my arm as I stood up.

I looked down to him, moving slower while packing up my things.

"Can I come to your dorm this afternoon?"

I furrowed my brow in response.

"Well, it's just...I need a break from everyone else and...I also need some help in Geometry," he shrugged, his hand falling back to the table, "but I really just wanna hang out with you. It's been a while."

I stuffed my textbook into my bag, placing a hand on his shoulder. I nodded and smiled a bit, to which he jumped up and hugged me.

"Thanks Kookie," he lightly spoke, "I'll be there after practice, okay?"

I nodded as I pulled back from the hug, picking up my bag and slinging it on my shoulder.

---------------------

It had been exactly two weeks and three days since Jimin last came to my dorm. I was lucky enough to get a dorm to myself, but that also meant I had to pay a larger rent than others. I didn't mind as long as I could stay by myself.

I wasn't much of a talker, and I hadn't been for a while. I don't remember a time in high school where I used words to communicate; always gestures and symbols.

But Jimin...when I entered college and met Jimin, he didn't mind that I don't speak. He's basically the only one who will talk to me without a reason.

Jimin's dance practice would be over in a few minutes, then he'd most likely go to his dorm and shower before coming down the hall to my dorm.

That was how we met. It wasn't a nice meeting, but I was glad it happened in a way.