Smile

He'd been a lot less cheerful lately. It was a mood killer and concern more than anything.

Of course, you'd get the occasional fake smile and small chuckle when jokes were told, but Park Jimin had not been himself the pass few weeks.

So Jungkook decided to actually talk to him about what was troubling him.

It was eased into everyday conversation, the younger sometimes asking "Why are you pouting?" or "What's with the long face, hyung?"

Most of the time Jimin answered with, "Something Tae said" or "I just thought of my mom."

But somehow, Jungkook knew those were coverups.

So, on a lazy Saturday afternoon, the younger caught his hyung alone in the kitchen.

Jimin was making a sandwich- rather slowly, he noted.

"Hyung," Jungkook sighed as he leaned on the countertop and looked up to Jimin's eyes. They were puffy, Jungkook noticed this before Jimin could turn away. "Have you been crying?" He asked quietly.

"No-"

"Hyung."

"Yes."

"What's wrong?" Jungkook pulled the plate away from Jimin and the older stopped putting lettuce on his sandwich.

He hesitated for a long time, always closing his mouth after opening it, "It doesn't matter," he whispered.

"It does. You don't seem happy anymore, ChimChim. That's not like you."

"Kookie," he sighed and pulled his plate back over, "I just....I just had a bad day, alright?"

"No, it's not alright," the younger stood up straight and turned around so that he could lean his back against the counter, "Talk to me about it. All of it; not just today."

"Jungkook-"

"I mean it."

Jimin sighed, snapping the lid back on to the plastic container where Jin stored lettuce. After getting comfortable with what he was about to say, Jimin inhaled, "I...I'm not confident with my voice anymore. I think I'm sounding worse as the days go by. Today, I tried hitting a note and it just wouldn't come out, no matter what. Kookie, if I can't sing, then what?"

Jungkook paused for a second, not equipped to handle answering questions. He was only ready to listen.
"What do you mean?" Jung furrowed his brow, suddenly deciding on winging it, "You dance, you're great at it. If you stop singing, you'll still continue dancing. But it's not like that would ever happen. You're probably just tired from recording all the time and practicing non-stop."

"But Kookie, I've been doing that for three years and this is the first time my voice has suffered any changes."

"You'll be fine hyung," Jungkook put his hand on the older's shoulder, "Trust me. I know you can do anything you set your mind to."

"Kookie-"

"You know what you need?" The younger raised his brow in a questioning manner.

"My sandwich?" Jimin looked down to the plate in front of him.

"Yes," Jungkook chuckled out, "but that's not all."

"What else do I need, then?"

"A day off."

"I can't. There's so much work to do and I have to help Hobi-hyung make choreo-"

"Jimin, you need to rest. I'm taking Thursday off, and you should too. We can just lay around the dorm and watch anime all day."