Nothing Like Us

I sat back and pouted as Jungkook and Taetae did the 'handshake' they learned a few months back.

They do it whenever they get excited about something, which is cute and funny, but Jungkookie is my boyfriend and I don't know the handshake!

I tried to learn it by watching them, but it seems to change every time, yet they're so in sync.

One night, after practice, I stopped Kookie before we could leave to get to the van.

He pecked my forehead and wrapped his arms around my waist, asking what was wrong.

"I wanna learn the handshake you and Taetae do," I pouted, fixing his jacket on his shoulders.

"Why do you wanna learn that? It's silly," he laughed lightly.

"Well...I don't know!" I pushed my bottom lip out and dropped my head back, "Please?"

"I didn't know you thought it was cool," he blushed, "We thought you guys thought it was stupid."

"No, I-" I stopped and hummed lowly in my throat, "It's just, you and Tae have a handshake. I'm your boyfriend and we don't have anything like that!"

He blinked a few times then giggled lightly, "What about our song? Or our trips to the ice cream parlor? Birthday cuddles and good morning kisses."

"But...lots of couples do those things," I mumbled.

"Yeah, but not like us," he smiled, his eyes crinkling, "Our song is ours and no one else's. Only you treat me to ice cream after tours. You're the only person I kiss and cuddle with."

I pouted again and glanced towards the mirror across the room. I caught a glimpse of what we looked like, standing their in our matching sweatpants and all bundled up with one another.

And Kookie was right. I'm glad he saw us this way.

Because no one was like us; because no one else was us.

"Hyung," he pressed his hand to my cheek and I turned back to him, "There's nothing like us~."

I rolled my eyes and pushed away from him, adjusting my backpack straps before I headed towards the door.

"Aw, Minnie," he pouted, easily catching up and slipping an arm around my waist. "Did I make you blush?"

"No," I chuckled out, glancing up from my fingers.

He smacked his lips then sighed as he looked ahead, "Just your natural pinkness then."

"What?"

"Your pinkness," he smiled softly, "the pretty color your cheeks always are."

I looked back to the floor and I felt myself blush.

Yeah...there's nothing like us.