In The Beginning

(This story was brought to life by @Hannah's original character. All characters and storyline were based off of her ideas. All other characters were made by Chloe and Reagan. Enjoy!)

  Clyde

In the beginning, there was dark and light.

I will never be light, I will never be like the humans. I am the darkest anyone could possibly be. If there was a shade darker than the darkest black, bingo, that's me. I've just accepted the fact that I'm a vampire, and I try to do the best I can to push away the feeling that I am in fact a walking and talking dead body. But being a vampire does have its perks. Turning into a bat, being insanely handsome, super speed, you know, the works. Anyway, my name is Clyde, and I'm basically eighteen years old. Telling people you're actually eighteen-million years old kind of freaks people out, y'know? Just for the record, I'm a totally normal teenager, besides the obvious reason. I go to high school, I have some pretty chill friends, and I've had a few girlfriends in my time. Sure, I could spend all of my eternity finding a cure for cancer, or finding a way to go to Mars or something, but if you were immortal, I don't think you'd be saving the world either. Oh, I guess the other slightly strange thing about me is that I live in a "hidden neighborhood." Lemme explain. To make things more complicated, vampires aren't the only real-life Halloween costumes lurking around your friendly neighborhood grocery store. There are Werewolves, Sirens, Mermaids, Witches, Wizards, y'know, all that jazz. There are also some Aliens, but their kind has sorta faded out. They came to Earth a couple thousand years ago, but after World War II they mostly died out. So, in every area of the world there is a sanctuary for people like us. We live in regular houses, just like everyone else. We shop at ordinary places, we do plain old boring human things. The only difference is that we live in hiding, unfortunately. Having humans find out about us is probably the worst thing that has ever happened since the Twilight movies. (Ugh, don't get me started on those dumb movies. So unrealistic.) So I think that basically sums up my most unfortunate life? I guess you'll find out more about me later on, I'm sure you'll be surprised as ever. Big whoop.

-R