Chapter 49

Maya's POV

"Well, it's just about 11:00 pm we should head to the living room," I said in an attempt to end the Josh talk.

"Yea, you're right," Lucas picked up Smackle's wrist to read the time on her watch.

We walked past Riley's room on the way to the living room. 

Smackle stopped and knocked on the door, "You guys have like 4 minutes until it's 11," she looked down at her watch. "Scratch that. You have 3 minutes now."

"We'll be out in a minute!" I heard Riley shout from behind the door.

"I think we might have done it guys. I think we might have won this thing," I nodded looking at our list. We got most of the things crossed off.

As the three of us settled down in the living room, we heard the bedroom door open. This was it. We would finally have our answer as to who won.

Riley, Farkle, and Zay shuffled into the room. 

Riley took a cozy seat next to Lucas. 

"Hey, hey hey. No snuggling on the couch with the enemy. Not until we have results. Plus, I called dibs on Lucas snuggling once this game was over," Zay gently grabbed Riley's arm and pulled her onto the couch with him and then did the same with Farkle.

Riley and I quietly compared lists and totaled up the scores.

"Drumroll please....." I announced loudly.

Everyone sat on the edge of their seats and tapped their hands on whatever surface was beside them.

"And the winner is..." Riley projected her voice.

"My team!" I exclaimed. "HA HA!" I pointed to Riley, Farkle, and Zay as I threw my arms around Lucas and Smackle.

"Can we all just go back to being one big happy family," Riley said and then made a puppy dog face and used her hands to be the puppy's ears.

"Look at my cute little puppy," Lucas scrunched his nose.

"Aww honey, you're just sad you lost," I booped my finger other nose.

She reacted with a pretend dog growl and bark and snapped towards my finger and then at Lucas and Smackle.

"Down there, doggy," Zay laughed. 

"Fine," she crossed her arms in defeat.

Lucas unfolded her arms, intertwined his fingers with hers and kissed her gently on the lips. "Did that cheer you up at all?"

"I could use a little more cheering up," she said. Then, he kissed her again.

"Yea, yea so precious and all, but let's do something other then make out with each other," I rolled my eyes at the pda.

"I don't know, I could use a little cheering up too," Farkle looked over at Smackle. 

She leaned towards him and gave him a cheep peck. 

"Come on, that's all I get. I gave you a lot more than that when I beat you out for valedictorian in high school," he tilted his head down toward hers.

"How about this: don't ever mention that again and you can get a little more," she bit her lip.

"Deal," and before Farkle could get another word in she kissed him a little harder.

"Gross," I wined. "Wanna break outta here," I looked to Zay for an answer.

"I'll grab your jacket," he started to walk toward the door and I followed the charade.

"Fine, fine. We'll stop," Lucas ran after Zay and grabbed his arm.

"I knew he wouldn't let his boyfriend leave," I smiled in victory. "I'm 2-0 tonight. I can't lose."

"I'm starting to think I'm falling into the same pattern that my mom, dad, and Uncle Shawn have," Riley frowned.

"Oh please, it's the same thing with Maya," Lucas protested.

"Me and my genius girl, we put each other first...always," Farkle beamed. "Right babe?"

"Uhh-right," Smackle confirmed. 

I guess she was still a little uneasy about the Farkle thing.

"It's so true though, sometimes it's as if you two are the only ones in the room," I added.

"Oh, trust me. You don't have to tell me that twice. I was hanging out with them two weeks ago watching a movie, and I'm pretty sure someone was feeling someone up," Zay fake gagged.

"Alright then, let's divert this conversation," Smackle said. "Movie anyone?"

"No way!" Zay immediate shot down the idea.

"What do you wanna do then?" Smackle asked.

"I don't know, but I certainly don't wanna watch all you sick couples feel each other up and shove tongues down each others' throats," Zay shivered at the thought.

"Hey, what about the Family Game? Or the Friends Game? Don't you have one of those here?" Smackle asked.

***Author's Notes: I don't know which game it's gonna be yet, but I might need some help with some game events (example: getting married, going backpacking in Europe--skip a turn, etc.) If you have any ideas comment below. If not I might skip through I little bit, or it might just take a little longer to make the chapter.