Chapter 88

Maya's POV

When we got back to the Matthews' apartment, we all finished pulling ourselves together by getting dressed and touching up our looks.

Feeny's wife Lila was there helping Amy watch the kids this morning as everyone got ready and while Amy made sure that we successfully got through the morning (considering that Topanga was now slightly out of commission for that job).

We snacked on a variety of breakfast pastries, quiche, and mini-sandwiches courtesy of Topanga's bakery and washed our food down with more mimosas while we waited for the photographer to arrive.

After what felt like endless flashes, poses, and arrangements, we finally finished taking the pictures. It was practically the Weekend at Bernie's style because Topanga was pretty much 2 champagne bottles deep right now. 

But I was impressed that even though she was super drunk, she still managed to compose herself like always. There was no way she was gonna let herself mess up her wedding pictures from her dream wedding.

It also amazes me how even with every passing year, Topanga manages to stay so young, beautiful, and headstrong

It also amazes me how even with every passing year, Topanga manages to stay so young, beautiful, and headstrong. She claims it has something to do with those hippie methods she uses. And to be honest with every passing year, as her youth stays preserved, I become slightly more and more convinced that I need to check out this hippie stuff.

The bridesmaids loaded back on to the bus leaving Amy at the apartment to wait for the guys. Which was quite the task I might add because Topanga was belligerent at this point and the guys were right around the corner. We didn't have much time to drag the unsteady Topanga down and out to the party bus that was sitting near the curb; we had to get on the bus and out of sight before the guys got back and Cory saw Topanga in her wedding dress. Those two were extremely high maintenance despite the fact that this was their second wedding; they were taking no chances and not going to break any wedding traditions or superstitions. 

But what was making this even more difficult was the fact that Topanga was refusing the water that we were trying to feed her to sober her up little.

Despite the long struggle, we were eventually able to get her back on that bus with a team effort. Us girls, all dressed and ready to go, were headed to the church for a few more pictures before the wedding started.

Josh's POV

"My baby," my mom cried as us guys walked back into the apartment after a high quality French toast breakfast.

I smiled at my mom who I had really only seen briefly at the rehearsal the other day.

I opened up my arms to embrace her in a hug when she completely swerved me to hug Cory. The two embraced tightly as if they hadn't seen each other in forever.

"I--uh.  I thought I was your baby ma!" I frowned.

"Ha!" Eric laughed. "Real cute Joshie, but I'm her baby," he redirected his attention from me to our mom,  Right mommy?"