Chapter 98

Josh's POV

"My brothaaaa!" I slapped my hand on Cory's back.

"I thought I was you brothaaaaaa!" Eric snapped.

"Not the time," I rolled my eyes. 

"Wow, someone's got their tie a little tight," Morgan jumped in.

"Seriously guys. I'm not in the mood." 

The only person I wanted to talk to right now was Cory. I wasn't in the mood for Eric's dumb jokes or Morgan's sass. 

"Look man, I would love to help but--" Cory began.

"Say no more," I interupted, knowing that now was not the time to be bothering Cory with such childish problems.

I wandered off outside to where some of the older relatives where smoking outside. 

I coughed a bit as my body reacted to the contaminated air. My lungs have never quite been strong enough to handle such particles in the air. 

Instantaneously, I watched as most of them scooted away from me or ashed their cigars and cigarettes.

I felt like a leper. No one out here wanted to be near me. This was mostly because of my past as a baby, but it still felt like I was being secluded because of my long list of problems. 

Okay. I admit, I am being dramatic. I just--I just don't know how to do anything anymore. Being far away, as hard as it was, it came with perks. It was less obligations, and less comittment. Now, I new that the future ahead of me involved seeing everyone ...ALOT. Not that it is a bad thing, it's just that there is no escape. 

"Hey man!" Farkle came out cheerily, as if the last hour or so did not occur. "They are about to do all those  commerically produced traditions.. you can't miss that."

I laughed a bit at Farkle's nature/ attempt to make me feel better. 

"We'll talk after," he reassured me, pushing me softly toward the entrance doors.

"You ever get sick of all the drama?" I turned to him on the quiet walk. 

"All the time, but the oxytocin kinda negates that..majority of the time," he smirked knowingly. "Besides, it's nights like tonight that make it all worth it if you know what I mean.

"Uhhh...I think? Science was never really my strong suit," I responded.

"You know what? Watch and learn," Farkle quickly disappeared into the crowd of people.

____________________________________________________

Maya's POV

My brain was in overload. Where is Riley? Where is Josh? Where is Lucas? Where is my mom and Shawn? Angela? How about Rachel? Zay and Peyton? 

At this point, I just wanted to go home. I knew this night would be disastrous, but I never could've imagined where it could lead. 

My eyes and brain refocued onto Riley when I heard her voice sing songy on the DJ's microphone, "Tonight, we have a specila live performance from our very own Maya Hart," she beamed. "Hunter!" she blurted out afterward. "Maya has gifted my parts with some original songs about their fairytale."

My eyes widened. My mouth dropped even lower than I had previously thought possible for tonight. And all I could think about is how much I wanted to scream and tackle Riley at the moment. 

Meddling. Yey again. Matthews wasn't;t kidding when he siad that histoy repeats itself.

"I heard what your wrote for them," Riley whispered to me away from the microphone. "I didn't want you to chicken out, but I thought your gift was amazing and that everyone needed to hear."

This wasn't my gift. And even if it was, it wasn't Riley's business. I was getting tired of contantly alternating anger and appreciation for this girl. 

As I grapsed the microphone that she was shoving into my hands, Riley leaned back over to make another announcement.