Chapter 27 Part 4

Maya's POV Flash Back to about 3 years and 3 months ago--Disney World Family/Friends Vacation

Running around the park in our dresses probably wasn't the best idea, but it was worth it. I was constantly tugging down on my dress to make sure it didn't slide up with all of the walking we were doing.

Our final stop in the park for today: Splash Mountain.

Again dresses, not the best choice, but it was fun getting all dressed up for tonight's dinner theme.

Because the park was closing soon, we had to sprint all the way from It's a Small World in Fantasyland to Splash Mountain in Frontierland.

Lucas, Zay, McKenzie, Julian, Noah, Auggie, and Josh, being the little athletic things that they were, got to Splash Mountain first. They hopped on line as me, Riley, Farkle, Smackle, Ryan, and Shailene trailed behind them.

When we reached the entrance to the line, the ride attendant threw her hand out apologetically. "I'm sorry but, we are not letting anyone else on line for the night seeing that the park is closing in ten minutes."

"But the other half of our group is already on line up there," Shailene pleaded.

"Yea, please let us join them," Riley give her infamous puppy dog face.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you guys go. Come back tomorrow though, and we will be happy to let you ride," she was a little more stern this time, but kept her "Disney-esque" voice.

"Is there a problem here?" Josh spoke.

"Yea this lady won't let us on the ride with you guys," Smackle spoke with disdain in her voice. She said lady as if the girl was old but in reality, she was no older than 23 or 24.

"Now, now...I'm sure this pretty girl is just doing her job. She looks so sweet, but it is a shame that I can't ride with my best friends," Josh was working his charm. "Anyways...it was nice meeting you..." he motioned for her to say her name.

"Ashley," the ride attendant pointed to her name tag.

"Yes, Ashley. It was a pleasure to meet you, maybe we could get some coffee one morning this week."

"That would be nice," she blushed.

I'm silently gagging at the thought of this. I was actually getting kind of jealous. What the fuck was he doing and right in front of me. I thought he was trying to get us on the ride, not look for a date.

"Actually, as unfortunate as this is, I'm thinking that there might not be enough time, seeing that my friends and I are gonna have to wait on a bunch of long lines. Especially this one, it is supposed to be hot all week, and you know what that means: long lines."

Ahh never mind. Not the smoothest line he has ever had, but his charm was enough to win her over.

"Ya know what...I'll make a deal with you. I'll do you one better. I give you guys 3 golden fast passes and let you all go on tonight, if you get dinner with me before you leave," she smirked.

This was legit now; jealousy was consuming me yet again. I looked over at Josh. His eyes trailed slightly to mine. But as jealous as I was, I gave him a subtle nod of approval.

"Yea okay. Deal."

She handed him 3 golden fast passes from her pocket and wrote her number down on a lose paper she had at the desk.

When we were far enough along the line, met up with the rest of the group, and out of earshot from the ride attendant, Ryan spoke. "Ayyy, Joshie. So proud of my boy for simultaneously saving the day and earning a hot chick in the process."