Imagine: Thranduil forcing you into marriage...

Request for: @Liliya_Evans_Snape

Imagine: Thranduil forcing you into marriage, and you developing feelings for him years later

I sat idly among the gradually yellowing grass that signified winter's stealthy commencement, purposefully ignoring the reckless ellon who haphazardly swung from the untrustworthy branches of an elderly tree.

I have held an unwavering grudge for him for who knows how long.

What was he thinking choosing me as his wife?!

All I ever wanted was solidarity in my life, and the day I decided my fate, he just happened to catch sight of me, and I had no choice but to agree to the prince.

He was now howling and shrieking like a child, his fight for my attention becoming all the more desperate.

Although my grudge towards him was undoubtedly strong, I caught myself admiring the way he spoke when he was sincere or the way that he carried himself when the matter was dire, but only once or twice!

And in this very moment, a wretched smirk tugged at the lips I deemed to smile no more.

Of course he saw this and it encouraged him immensely, causing him to begin to perform more dangerous stunts within the creaking tree.

My lips pryed themselves open to reprimand him, to tell him to stop being so reckless or else it would result in his injury

What was I doing?! Since when have I harbored an ounce of concern over what the prince of Mirkwood did, he ruined my chances of being alone and happy for goodness sake

I quickly shut my mouth and looked away, but, his keen eyes saw everything.

I shifted my whole body now, completely faced away from him.

His cries suddenly halted and the silent, nerve wracking sound of an ever growing crack filled my ears.

A loud snap filled the air and the thumping sound of a body falling onto the ground and soft moans of agony soon followed suit.

I whirled around in an instant and caught sight of my reckless and stupid husband in a groaning heap on the ground, a large branch laying a few feet away from him

"Thranduil!" I cried, leaping onto my feet and rushing to him

I dropped to his side and took his face into my hands

"Thranduil, are you alright?! Please, say something, I beg of you!" I heaved, not sure if I was making any sense

As his lips parted slowly in preparation to state his wellbeing, I inched closer to his face, just then realizing that my very own tears were dipping onto his dirt ridden face.

As I began to wonder if I really was crying over the ellon who ruined my supposedly decided fate, a set
of the softest lips pecked mine.

Once I realized what happened, I dropped my hold on him, my eyes wide in disbelief.

He didn't.

Did he?

Once my vision cleared, I caught sight of the most triumphant and jocular smirk on his face

"You bastard!" I screamed, shoving him and leaping onto my feet

He began to chuckle loudly, only angering me further

To make matters worse, he slowly sat up, completely fine.

"You care about me!" He laughed gleefully "Admit it, Y/N. I saw your tears and heard the way you called my name after I fell. You cannot possibly hate me any longer because your feelings have finally been revealed!"

"Perhaps they have..." I sighed "But I'm still angry with you for pretending to be hurt!" I hollered, charging towards him

3rd person pov:

Thranduil's smirk disappeared in an instant and he quickly stood and ran deep into the forest, his shallow fear drowning out with the newfound revelation that he had certainly not made a mistake in choosing you as his wife.

~°~

I hope you liked it

Sorry it's so short