Episode 60: Do You Eat Kangaroos For Breakfast?

Mike's POV:

I knock on The Byers' door and Will opens. I rush past him and run to El's room. I try to open the door but it's locked. "El! Open up it's Mike!", I yell and after a minute the door opens. I walk in through the door and close it. El is laying in her bed, so she must have opened the door with her powers.

"Hey El", I say while sitting down next to her on the bed. She immanently lays her head on my lap. My fingers run through El's hair and she looks up at me.

"There's this man saying his my father", she whispers. I peck her lips and push El's hair out of her face.

"Do you think he's your dad?", I ask her. El sits up and leans against my shoulder. El shrugs and I sigh. "Have you ever seen him before?" She nods her head no.

Joyce's POV:

"So you're El's 'dad'", I ask Charlie, who's sitting in front of me. He nods and take a sip from his coffee.

"You see I was Terry's fiance when she got pregnant with Ja-El. I suddenly figured out that Terry was taking drugs while having El in her stomach. I told her I would call off the wedding if she didn't stop. She didn't. So I called the wedding off and told her that I still wanted to see El, but then I got a call from Becky, Terry's sister, that Terry had a miscarriage", Charlie told me.

"I was heartbroken. I thought my daughter had died. Terry started talking about how a Doctor named Brenner had taken Jane. I blamed Terry for Jane's death and I moved to another city. A couple of years later, I started researching on Doctor Brenner. Everything Terry said started to make sense. So I traveled to Hawkins and tried to talk with Brenner, but he refused talking with me", Charlie said taking a deep breath.

"I didn't do anything for a couple of years until the lab closed. I went to the lab and read through the few papers there was laying on the floor. I read them, and there was notes about a girl named 'Eleven', escaping. Then they got her back, but then she ended up killing the men there was in the lab, so the few people who didn't die, let her be with that boy Mike Wheeler. 

I searched and searched until I finally heard a chief talking on the phone with you about El. So here I am", Charlie finished. I sat silent for a couple of minutes before excusing myself. I went to the phone and called Becky.

"Hello?"

"Hi Becky, it's Joyce Byers. I just wanted to know the name of Jane's father", I tell her.

"His name was Charlie Cooper, why do you need to know?"

"I was just curious, thank you Becky. Bye", I say hanging up.

I make my way to El's room and I knock on the door. Mike opens the door and I see El sitting on the bed looking nervous. I walk over to El and take her hand in mine.

"So El, the man in the kitchen is your dad. You don't have to talk with him, but if you want to you ca-", I get interrupted by El. "If I talk with him, does that mean I have to live with him. Do you not want me here anymore? Because I don't want to live with him", El says with tears in her eyes.

"No El sweetheart. You will still live with us, he just wants to talk with you". El nods and let go of my hand. She stands up and looks at me. "I want to talk to him".

Eleven's POV:

Mike takes my hand in his as we walk into the kitchen. Will is sitting on a chair, giving Charlie the 'I'm-watching-you' look. I slowly stand in front of Charlie and he looks at me with a smile.

"Hello El, who's this?", he ask looking at Mike. I pull Mike closer to me and grab his arm instead of his hand.

"I'm El's boyfriend, Mike", Mike tells him shacking his hand. Charlie is still smiling and looks at me.

"So how long have you two been together?", he asks me. We didn't date when we were twelve, we started dating when we were thirteen.

"Four years", I answer him quietly. Charlie looks down, before looking up. "So when's the wedding?", he asks teasingly. Will tries not to laugh but fails. I blush and look at the promise ring.

Suddenly the door flies open and Dustin, Lucas and Max comes in. "Hey gu- Who's that?", Lucas asks. "My dad", I answer them. Charlie looks at me grinning while the others look shocked.

"Mental", Dustin says taking a seat in one of the chairs. "Now who are these guys?", Charlie asks smiling.

"My name is Dustin Henderson, are you from Australia? Because if you are, do you eat kangaroos for breakfast?", Dustin asks. Lucas rolls his eyes before smacking Dustin's arm.

"My name is Lucas and this is my girlfriend Max", Lucas answers. Max waves a little before looking down awkwardly.

***

Charlie was about to leave, when he pulls me to the side so we could talk privately.

"So El would you like meet up for dinner next weekend?", he asks me. I nod my head, and as he's about walk away I stop him.

"Can I bring Mike?", I ask him. He nods and then leaves.

I take a deep breath before walking inside. I walk over to Mike and hug him. He hugs me back and kisses my cheek. "I'm sorry I stopped you from studying", I say looking up at him. It's annoying. I used to be taller then him, and now he's taller then me.

"It's okay. I love you".

"I love you you".

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hey guys!

So Charlie is El's father.

Did you like the chapter?

See you next weekend.

Stay Strange!