10# One-shot: Avoiding El

They are fourteen.

Eleven's POV:

I'm completely lost.

Everything around me is dark and cold.

I'm screaming.

Screaming for Mike, but he's not answering.

"El?" I hear his voice behind me.

I turn around. I can't see him.

I start crying and shacking.

"Please someone help me!"

"El!"

"El wake up,, it's just a dream!"

I open my eyes and gasps. 

I'm sleeping on the couch in Mike's basement. I look around and see all the boys and Max, looking at me, concerned. I sit up and look to my right. Mike is sitting next to me, with tears in his eyes.

"El are you okay?" He asks me. I nod and hug him tight. He hugs me back and rests his head on my shoulder.

I look at Max, and she gives me an encouraging smile. I smile back, until I notice what the others are doing. They are sitting around the game D&D. So They were probably playing, when I started screaming in my sleep. I pull away from Mike.

"I'm sorry, I interrupted your game guys," I tell them.

I'm not a big fan of the game. Because I don't understand it. I like watching the others, but sometimes I get tired and fall asleep.

"It's fine El. We were almost done, so we'll just finish it tomorrow." Lucas says.

Tomorrow? Oh it must time to go home then. I nod and the others stand up to walk outside. Will walks upstairs as well. Jonathan is picking us up, because Will is still not comfortable riding home on his bike. And I still have trouble riding it.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Mike asks me.

I smile and nod. He gives me a quick peck before standing up. He pulls me up and we walk upstairs together. When we get outside Jonathan and Will, are already sitting in the car.

"Goodnight Mike," I say hugging him again.

"Goodnight El". He kisses my forehead.

(The Next Week)

Eleven's POV:

Mike doesn't want to talk with me.

I don't know why, but since we were at his place he has been avoiding me. When I try to talk with him, hug him and kiss him.

"Will why does Mike avoid me?" I ask.

"To be honest El, I don't know. He's been acting weird," Will says sighing.

Someone knocks on the front door, so I run over to open it.

Mike is standing on the other side, looking at me shocked.

"E-el? I thought you and Max were supposed to be at the park?"

"We were. But Max didn't feel good today."

"Oh, I'll go again then," he says never looking me in the eyes.

He turns around and is about to go, when I yell after him.

"What El?"

"Why are you avoiding me?"

Mike looks down before looking me in the eyes, for the first time in a week. He slowly walks over to me and hugs me tight. I hug him before remembering, what he had been doing the last week.

I push him away and he looks hurt.

"Why?" I ask him.

"I feel so bad," he whispers. "You've been locked up for twelve years, and you still have nightmares. I've seen some of the things they did to you, and I was so scared. I hate myself for not protecting you, even though I know, there is nothing I can do about it."

I quit for a bit before kissing him lightly. He kisses me back and I smile.

"Mike I'm save okay? No one is hurting me right now. You saved me! And yes I still have nightmares, but I'll be okay eventually. The only thing you can do is love me. That's all I need," I tell him quietly.

Mike kisses me again and keeps whispering, 'I love you' over and over again.

"Promise?" I whisper.

"Promise."

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry. It's been so long since I've updated. I've been really busy and I kinda have writers block. It's better now though.

Thank you for the 115K readers. It means a lot to me.

I feel like no one is going to read this, because of my break.

See you guys next Satauday.

Stay Strange (Damn it feels good to write that).

Bookstagram: annika_book_lover