12# One-shots: The New Girl (Part 2)

(They're sixteen)

Eleven's POV:

I love being here.

I've been here for six months. Everyone is so nice to me and I love it.

Max is my best girl friend. She's always making me do stuff I have never tried before.

Will is my best guy friend. He's shy (like me), but he's amazing at drawing and always makes me smile.

Dustin is so funny. He always comes up with the most stupid stuff ever. So when I'm feeling sad because of her, I always talk to Dustin.

Lucas is like an older brother. He's very protective of me, and in the beginning he didn't even like me.

Then there's Mike. Mike is my... I don't know. I have feelings for him, that he probably doesn't feel about me. I want to be with him, but I know I look weird and I'm not pretty like the rest of the girls.

"Hey El? I was uh wondering if... you know what? Never mind," Mike says.

I look up from my homework and look at Mike. We're sitting in his basement doing our homework. It all started with me not understanding science, and then he started helping me. So every Wednesday, we'll go to Mike house and do our homework.

"No what is it Mike?"

"It's just... I like hanging out with you, just you. And I was wondering if you, maybe wanted to go on a date with me?"

My eyes widened and I let out a small gasp. Mike like me? I don't understand.

"I'm sorry asked. I just thought... I doesn't matter."

"Mike I was just surprised. I would love to go on a date with you." I tell him smiling.

Mike starts grinning and I giggle. Wait giggle? Uh what the hell.

***

Mike picked me up, in his car.

There's complete silence. A little bit awkward.

"Sooo"

"Is this your first date?" Mike asks me.

I nod and blush slightly.

"Oh me too," he tells me smiling slightly. I smile as well and sigh. I'm wondering where we're going?

We stop in front of a place called "Benny's Burgers".

We step out of the car walk inside, sitting down in one of the booths.

"I hope this is okay. We can go somewhere else if you don't like it. There's uh, I don't really know any other places. I don't usually go out and eat, unless it's ice cream with the boys. But we can find some-"

"Mike! I love it here. We don't have to go anywhere," I say smiling a bit.

Mike relaxes and takes a deep breath. "Good uh I mean yeah that's pretty god."

We look at the menu and both pick a burger.

The rest of the date goes really well and Mike even kisses me goodnight.

A week later Mike finally asks me to be his girlfriend. And I of course say yes.
Everyone in the group got extremely happy when we announced it.

I'm happy when I'm with Mike.

But when I'm alone, I think of her.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hey guys!

So did you like the one-shot?

There's going to be another part and that will be the end.

Does anyone of you guys have any recommendations to one-shots? (Stranger Things only) I need inspiration.

See you next Satauday.

Stay Strange!

Snapchat: annikabooklover

Bookstagram: annika_book_lover