38# One-shot: Best Friends

They're eighteen years old. El doesn't have any powers.

Mike's POV:

"Mike! Hurry up!" El yells at me.

I put on my jacket and run over to her. We're on our way to prom. Instead of finding a date for prom, El and I decided to go. As friends. Best friends.

We've ben best friends since kindergarten, when people was bullying El for having a buzz cut. El had cancer when we were kids. Luckily she doesn't have cancer since two years ago. When we were sixteen, El was finally free from cancer. Her hair has grown a bit past her shoulders.

I stop running when I see her. She's beautiful.

"Cat got your tongue?" El asks with a smirk

"Cat got your tongue?" El asks with a smirk. I just keep starring at her.

To be honest I've always had a crush on her. She didn't care what people thought of me. I've always been called a nerd or "frogface" by troy Harrington. I've always thought she was beautiful with or without hair.

"You're beautiful," I tell her, still starring.

El blushes and pushes her hair away from her face. I take her hand in mine and we walk over to my car were I open El's door for me. She gives a look and I can't help but laugh. I close the door when she's inside the car and walk over to the drivers seat.

"Are you ready?" I ask her.

"I guess... I mean I don't really care about prom, but I think it'll be fun because we always have fun together," El says with a smile on her lips.

I give her a smile and start the engine.

***

We arrive to the school, and a lot of our classmates in fancy looking clothes are standing outside. El and I walk over to our friends who're standing by a tree close to the entrance.

"Hot damn El!" Dustin exclaims. I glare at him and he winks at me. They know I have a crush on her.

"I gotta agree with him, you look hot," Max says.

"Thanks... you look amazing." El says with a smile. Max's dress is pretty.

"Damn straight!" Lucas says kissing her

El smiles at the couple before looking at me. Suddenly the doors opens and we're allowed to step inside. Everyone walks to the gym, and I can hear El gasp as she looks at the decorated room. It actually looks like the snowball we were at when we were thirteen.

Max and Lucas are already dancing, Dustin and Will are coping Max and Lucas trying to make fun of them. I clear my throat turn towards El.

"Do you want to dance?" I ask her.

El nods and we make our way to the middle of the dance floor. I put my hands on her waist and her hands are around my neck.

'Every Breath You Take" by The Police is being played on the speakers. El and I dance closer and closer and I can't take my eyes off hers. El is starring right back. Suddenly she moves her head closer to mine and kisses me.

I'm so shocked that I froze, and El moves away with embarrassment in her eyes.

"I'm sorry-" I interrupt her by putting my lips on hers. El kisses back immeadtly and I smile into the kiss.

"You go Mike! Mileven! Mileven!" I can hear Dustin screaming in the background.

We pull away slowly and I kiss her forehead gently.

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hey guys!

Did you like this one-shot?

See you next Saturday.

Stay Strange!

Bookstagram: annika_book_lover