7# One-shot: A Little Crush

(In this chapter Lauren changes age. Ages: Thirteen, fourteen and sixteen.)

(Thirteen)

Lauren POV:

For as long as I can remember, Chris has always been by my side. He was born a week before I was. We were always playing together and he was basically my best friend. But that changed when I turned thirteen.

I started having these different feelings for him. For example when he was late for school, and his hair looked messy, it was the most attractive thing ever. When he was telling a joke that wasn't even funny, I laughed like there was no tomorrow.

I talked about it with my friend Carly, and she told me to just tell him, but I couldn't make myself do it.

I tried before but when I opened my mouth, nothing came out.

Chris started talking about this girl he had a crush on, and my heart broke into pieces. He talked about how beautiful she was, without ever mentioning who she was.

"Are you okay?" Chris asks me softly, shacking my shoulder.

"Yeah I'm okay, I just... I was in my own world."

Chris nods and continues to tell me about this movie his dad showed him.

(Fourteen)

I still have a little crush on Chris.

A whole entire year and I still like him! Why god, why?! You're supposed to help me, not make things harder.

I'm currently laying under a big tree with Chris beside me. He's humming this song he heard on the radio, and I loved it. Not the song, but the way Chris is humming it.

"You know that girl I have been talking about fo year right?" He asks suddenly. I nod my head urging him to go on.

"She's laying next to me, right now."

I gasp and look at him. He's smiling and running his hand through my hair.

"I-I u-uh I... what?"

Chris chuckles and sits up. I do the same and lean against the tree.

"I started liking you when we were twelve, but it was just a small crush. But then thirteen kicked in and I couldn't help but tell you how beautiful you looked, even though you didn't know it was you. " I was about tell him that I liked him too, when he interrupted me.

"I know I know... I'm weird, but I couldn't tell you. I tried asking you to the snowball, but then you got sick and couldn't be there. I really like you Lauren Wheeler," he finished.

I was silent for a while before leaning into him. His eyes widened but he started leaning in as well. Our lips touched and I gasped into his mouth.

It was so much better then I had expected. His lips were so soft and gentle. Way to quickly, he pulled away and was smiling at me.

"So that means you like me too?" I nodded my head and he was full on grinning now. There was silence yet once again, but it was not uncomfortable silence.

"Can I kiss you again?"

(Sixteen)

"Come on baby! You're so slow," Chris complained.

We were walking in the park, on our way to the ice cream truck. My dad reacted better than I had expected. Of course that was because of mom but still.

"I'm not slow, I'm just not walking as fast as you are," I told him with a smile. He leans in to kiss my lips but looks down at my neck, and chuckles. I slap him and pull away from him.

"It's not funny. Do you know how mad my dad got, when he saw the hickey?! His whole face was red with anger!"

Chris is still chuckling so I power walk away from him. I can hear him laughing when I slammed against a tall person. I look up to see a boy, probably a year older, looking down at me. I pull away rubbing the back of my neck embarrassingly.

"Well hello there gorgeous," the boy says, winking at me. (What's wrong with his eye? Is it an eye disease? Sorry I had too.)

Chris steps up behind me and pulls me away. He's mumbling cuss words at the boy. And I stop him.

I kiss him and he kisses me back, and starts to calm down. I pull away and ask; "Are you calm now?"

He shakes his head and I raise my eyebrows (because I can't raise one).

"I think I need one more kiss," he says smirking. I laugh at him and kiss him once more

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-

Hey guys!

Did you like the one-shot?

See you next Saturday!

Stay Strange!

Snapchat: annikabooklover

Bookstagram: annika_book_lover