You Can't Be Serious

Dakota

Me: We're not about to argue in front of him.

Dustin: Wasn't even going to.

I swear he irks my damn soul. Right down to the core. It would've been nice to have been informed about a bullet going further into my baby's arm than his sister's. I don't care if I was not talking to anyone, still tell me or write the shit down so I can read it later.

*inhaled, exhaled* Keep calm, Dakota. Keep calm.

Me: Just before you came in, Dr. Johnson was in here and she said that she found something wrong with Milan.

Dustin: Did she tell you this last night and you just waited until I got here to tell me?

*inhale* 10, 9, 8, 7, 6....

Me: She kept Milan all last night up until a few minutes before you walked in here. She wanted to make sure that what she found was right before bringing him back and telling us anything.

Dustin: Yeah, ok. Whatever you say, Dakota.

5, 4, 3, 2, *exhale* 1.

I turned towards Milan and seen that he was starting rub his eye and I immediately grabbed his hand. I grabbed some tissue and patted his eye. I wasn't sure if he's allowed to touch his eye but I'm just going to be cautious until I am told otherwise.

Few minutes later, Dr. Johnson had walked in and she had Ruby with her. And of course she came immediately over to Milan and gave him a stuffed animal and he smiled.

Ruby: Hey, Dustin!

Dustin: Hey, Ruby!

Ruby: (looked at me)....Dakota.

Me: *waved*

Yep. She's mad at me for how I've been treating Dustin. Haven't been treating him like anything but ok.

Dr. Johnson: Good morning, Dustin.

Dustin: Good morning, Dr. Johnson.