Epilogue

Five Years Later

Alejandra

E/b: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Twins: Thank you!

Zaire Sr.: We have a lot for you guys to do today.

Marcella: So, go get your shoes on and bring a jacket, too.

Twins: Ok!

They both ran out the kitchen and back up stairs to their rooms, with their grandparents following behind them. I began clearing the table off and put everything in the sink to clean them. In the midst of washing the dishes, I felt some hands snaking around my waist and a head laying in the crook of my neck.

Zaire: (Whispers: You ready to finally tell them?)

Me: (Whispers: Yes and no but, I have to.)

Zaire: (Whispers: It'll be fine.)

He kissed my cheek and started helping me with dishes. Minutes later, they all came back downstairs. The twins ran over to us and gave us kisses and hugs then ran back over to their grandparents, who hugged us and made their way outside. Seeing them off, Zaire and I made our way back into the house and into the kitchen. Right when I was about to get to the sink, Zaire told me that he'll finish and I just need to go and relax and that's what I did. I walked upstairs to my room and got back into bed.

••••••••

Later That Day

Amori: Daddy, where are we going?

Zaire: It's a surprise.

Milan: Can we get a hint?

Me: We're going somewhere where dreams come true.

Zaire: Now think about what you think it is.

Me: And when we ask what it is and y'all tell us.

Twins: Okay.

Then they got quiet. I turned around and seen them thinking. *chuckles* I turned back around and continued to play my game.

For their seventh birthday, we decided that we was taking them to their last surprise of the day. Pulling over to side of the road, Zaire pulled out two blindfolds and handed me one.

Me: Alright, babies. Before we get to the surprise, daddy and I have to place these blindfolds over your eyes but first, we need your guys guesses as to where we're going.

Milan: Six flags.

Amori: Disneyland.

I looked over at Zaire.

Zaire: Hopefully one of you are right.

Me: Lean forward.

They leaned forward and we placed the blindfolds over their eyes and turned back around. Zaire took us out of park and drove off.