CHAPTER:5 || Beginning from the End

~***~

~***~

NOVEMBER 8, 1987 (LA, California, USA)

| MAE |

I inhaled deeply and a long sigh escaped my lips. My eyes were fixated on the drops of water which were running down the window glass as I was sitting on the couch, near the window in my room. My hands were holding the now, half filled mug of coffee. I've lost the count of how many times I have looked at the clock during the past two weeks, still waiting for his call.

When he left my house that following morning, we exchanged our numbers and promised to be in touch no matter what. He told me he never wanted to lose the friend he has found in me, and I told him the same. The next evening when I got back to my home, my front door was piled up with several bouquets and a huge box.

~***~

Frowning a bit in confusion I quickly gathered all the stuff. Damn the box was huge and heavy. I entered the house, putting the stuff on the table. I opened the pink ribbon on the huge black colored box, and my eyes widened impossibly large. There was a cute plush white teddy bear sitting in that box, filling it, holding a quite big square flat object.

I picked up the thing, opening the wrapping carefully and when I saw it, my eyes filled with tears of happiness like I've never felt

I picked up the thing, opening the wrapping carefully and when I saw it, my eyes filled with tears of happiness like I've never felt. It was Michael posing near the portrait I made for him. His beautiful smile was plastered on his beautifully sculpted face as he held a board in front of his stomach, that read...

'Thank you for Holding My Hand.'

I picked up the soft plush bear hugging it tight and there I saw an Envelope under that in the box. I quickly tore it open.

Mae, I can never thank you enough for what you've done for me, all being so unselfish and out of pure care. I don't wanna lose a friend like you for I consider you to be my special friend who helped me so unselfishly and wanted to only protect me from any kind of harm. People like you are rarely found. And now that I have found you. I never wanna lose this friendship. Ever.